We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cakes for diabetics

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4,854 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Cakes for diabetics

The birthday of one of my friends is coming up but she is diabetic... does anyone know where I can find cakes that is suitable for her? Her diabetes is not to severe though so it does not have to be totally sugar and salt free but rather as low as possible

Thanks for your help in advance

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cakes for diabetics

I would suggest that the size of cake or piece is more important rather than concentrating on the ingredients. As a fellow diabetic, I do enjoy cakes but in moderation. If she's on medication to control blood glucose levels that may mitigate short term blood glucose spike after eating cake.(In my opinion)

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,801 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cakes for diabetics

You may be able to order a custom cake. I highly doubt that bakeries cater to diabetics with low sugar cakes. It's difficult to even find diet Coke or sugar substitutes in restaurants.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cakes for diabetics

Hi,

Easy, call Ms B at Gough,Central

4. Re: Cakes for diabetics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:16