We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tibetan plateau ??

Perth, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Tibetan plateau ??

Hey all

Any info about hiking, getting to anything really about the Tibetan plateau would be appreciated

Cheers

Ness

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tibetan plateau ??

Hi there Ness I am going to Tibet in October. You cant just go there - you need a permit and you have to be part of an organized tour. You cannot go there as an individual like the rest of China. I am assuming you were aware fo that. There are plenty of agencies that do tours

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tibetan plateau ??

Hi Ness! Tibet is a very complicated area in China. The government does not allow the foreign tourists to visit Tibet on their own. The Tibet permit is reqeusted when you board on the flight enter into Lhasa or train. And you couldn't leave every day as free time, you have to arranged the everything inlcuding the permit from an agency in China.

Lhasa, Tibet
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tibetan plateau ??

You can read this FAQ written by me here:

http://www.cafespinn.com/en/tibet/

(PS: Not quite sure if it' would be okay to post my website here... but I think I have put enough info in this link and it should worth a look...)

4. Re: Tibetan plateau ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 04:15