We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tibet to China to North Korea Visa issues ?

London
Level Contributor
373 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Tibet to China to North Korea Visa issues ?

Hi,

I am thinking of visiting Tibet as part of a trip to Kathmandu in February next year, now a friend has raised concerns that although getting the stamp on the passport should be fine, i may still end up getting interogated more on future trips to China and maybe to North Korea

I have looked in trip advisor guides, and i dont think its an issue, but just want to be clear

is there any validity to such concerns?

I know there are some places in the world it is not wise to get a stamp from, but i assumed tibet wouldnt be so?

thank you

Mark

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tibet to China to North Korea Visa issues ?

You don`t get any "Tibetan stamp" into your passport as it is a province of China. So first of all you will need a visa for China and then a permission issued by a travel agency where you booked your guided tour. See here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294211-c187076/China…

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tibet to China to North Korea Visa issues ?

Hi, there:

To make it clear is that you do need the Chinese visa before you apply for the Tibet Travel Permit. Suggesting you to use a travel agency to get both Chinese visa and Tibet Travel Permit instead of having them done in separate way.

There is no such Tibet stamp on your passport as this is one of the autonomous regions of China. What you may get is the Tibet Travel Permit with your name written on it as memory.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,783 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tibet to China to North Korea Visa issues ?

Tibet is in China, I don't get the point. Your friend needs a geography lesson.

Edited: 31 October 2013, 17:33
4. Re: Tibet to China to North Korea Visa issues ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:16