We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

Hello,

I am interested in taking a pilgrimage to Mount Kailash in Tibet to do the full circumambulation of the mountain (parikrama) and I have lots of questions. Can anyone who's done this share their experiences? What level of fitness and trekking experience does the trek require? Would you say a year's worth of hiking and altitude prep would do to get a person of average fitness up to speed? And can it really be done in one day by a regular person who hasn't grown up there? (I've read one day is supposed to be the aim of the very devout, but from what I've read most people aim for three). Any recommendations for a reputable tour company that will conduct the trek in a way that is sort of mindful of its spiritual component would be appreciated, too. I'm not looking for anything new age or preachy, just a quiet, respectful trek around.

Thanks a lot,

nabq

Road To Tibet-Day Tour
Cultural Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Basanta Adventure Treks & Expeditions
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Tibet Travel Expert Service
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Photography Tours
China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

Hi, I got an email notice from TripAdvisor that someone had replied to this post, and when I came to the forum it is listed as having one reply, but I can't find it. I notice that WelcomeIndia's post on the same topic is listed as having one reply posted at around the same time, but I can't find that reply either. If you're the person who replied to these posts, would you please try posting your replies again? Thank you, nabq

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,316 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

TripAdvisor has a no-advertising policy. Thus if it was an ad, it would be deleted. That's the most likely reason.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

Hi nabq,

I read that reply but seemed to be from a tarvel agency and so seems that was removed by the forum.

Iam planning to visit Mt.Kailash and Lake Manasarovar too and still thinking of the best time to go there. I have been collecting lots of inputs from various other source including people who have visited there. According to those inputs, seems 3-4 days are needed and one day is impossible as it is so vast.

There are a few travel agents who arrange such a visit to the holy mountain and the lake from Kathmandu,Nepal.

If you need further information, may be i can send you an e-mail.

Ofcourse you can do parikrama provided you have God's grace and normal health!

Greetings.

New Zealand
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

we would like to go on our mt.kailash tour in 2009.

I hope that You might have already been on this trip. can u please tell your experiences and through which travel agency did you book your tour.

Thankyou

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

Hi there , i sm also planning a trip to mt kailish in 2009 or 2010 , would appreciate very much any info needed for such a trip.

6. Re: Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2009, 11:05
7. Re: Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 February 2009, 11:58
8. Re: Mount Kailash Parikrama Trek advice sought

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 00:18