We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everest Base Camp at night

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Everest Base Camp at night

hello,

I plan to travel Lhasa in early of June 2014. do anyone have experience about Everest weather in these day?

how many degrees at night? what should I buy or prepare?

is that alright if I use the summer sleeping bag? or do I have to buy a thick one?

anything else I need to keep in mind?

Thanks!! :D

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everest Base Camp at night

You don't need to prepare so much. Just go there with normal winter clothing. No need to take sleeping bag, it's warm in tent, unless you are obsessive about cleanliness, although i think you will be at least half cured. Out door water still gets freezed in night by then. Don't overlook altitude sickness.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,743 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everest Base Camp at night

During the night is really cold. In the tents, as said here above, is little warm, but you need to ask blankets if you dont have a winter sleeping bag.

Tashi Delek

Rongpuk

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Everest Base Camp at night

Dear OrientalRed,rongpuk,

that's really helpful. thank you for your information! :D

Lhasa
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Everest Base Camp at night

Because of the high attitude, the weather of Everest Base camp at night is very low although in summer. I suggest you prepare a warmer sleep bag, just in case if you want enjoy the .scenery overnight.

5. Re: Everest Base Camp at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16