We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Indonesia

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in Indonesia

Hello fellow travelers!

Yep, it's that time of the year again for me and my cousin to plan for our 2008 vacation.

We're 2 single, stessed out single Moms who takes a trip to a different country every year, but this time, we're going to do it differently, we'll be taking our boys with us. :)

We're thinking of going to Indonesia and we're a little concerned about the safety such as the airport and surroundings. I've looked at some of the safety concerns posted on here, but they're a bit old, some as old as 2005.

Would anybody help me out here and let me know how the airports are from your recent travel? We're thinking of going to Jakarta and Bali for later this year. I know the airports around the globe aren't as extensive as the USA airports, but some are a little too relaxed such as Costa Rica which made me uneasy to go onto the plane.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have a happy and safe travels! :)

Friscomama

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Indonesia

The Jakarta airport is quite modern with lots of shopping. We flew Singapore Airlines, and they've forever spoiled me for other airlines. Simply the best.

Now, if you were flying to Papua or Mikassar on some of the smaller Indonesian airlines, you'd have reason to pause. ;-)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Indonesia

hi there..

airport in jakarta is very busy and maybe there is a lot people,guide,driver going to offer their service.and you just avoid them or just say no...

if you like to come to indonesia you have to make a plan wich airport that you like to arrived first in bali or jakarta.from there you have to know the destination that you like to go and you can ask it in this forum.

you have to make plans how long you going to stay in one places in indonesia.and maybe we can give you advise for the hotels,transports,and how to get to the places.

for safety in airport in jakarta is safe enough for travellers and they will be 24 hours taxi service.if you take a taxi trry to get a taxi the good one.

the same as in bali airport is also safe.

also if you travelling in indonesia i think this year is safe no bomb warning and anything else.

choose a good hotels and good travel and tours.

if you have anything to ask about indonesia i will be greatfull to answeat.

by the way soekarno hatta is the name of jakarta airport and ngurah rai is the name of airport in bali

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Indonesia

Thank you for your responses. :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Indonesia

Hello,

Any airports you want to go first is basically your choice. From the US, the main gateway to Indonesia is either Jakarta or Bali.

From California, you can get good deals from Asian carriers such as Korean Air, SQ, Malaysia Airlines, Eva or China Airlines. All of these carriers can bring you onwards to Jakarta or Bali.

Jakarta and Bali airports are International airports. The equipments are standard and the airports are quite busy. Bali airport is also not very relaxed, and all have aerobridges/ jetways.

If you want to explore more of other destination in Indonesia, Jakarta airport has good network that links other domestic destinations. Bali airport is mainly use for international gateways to Australia, Japan, some domestic flights are available to big cities such as Jakarta, Surabaya, and Mataram (Lombok Island).

5. Re: Safety in Indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 13:20