We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

In case anyone is planning to go to these two beautiful temples in one day, it is possible, though exhausting. We only spent one day in Yogyakarta, but we loved everything about the town (a lot, lot more than Jakarta). We arranged a pick up from the airport, went to the Prambanan temple and then to Borobudur. We were dropped off at Malioboro at around 6 pm. Our driver was very kind and helpful.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

I did a day trip from bali - my flight was due to land at 730 am in Yogya but did not get in till 1230 - however I had plenty of time to go to Borododur, then went to Prambanan and had some dinner and got the 730pm flight back to Bali

I was tired but exhiliarated after visiting two most beautiful and interesting temples - particulary Borobodur

nottingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

hi,

we also plan to do the same in 12 days time. Do you remember the name of the guide/tour operator?

Many thanks

Eddy

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

The company I used was

www.baligay.net

there email is

gaybalitours@yahoo.com

Now I am gay - but there was nothing in there service that was particulary oriented to the gay market - or the non gay market.

I found them proffesional, they answered my emails promptly and were always easy to deal with.

I cannot remember my guides name, but she was awesome, a lady slight in statue about 40 or 50 old and very knowledgeable

if you jump on their website - on the left had side is a heading Yogya tours - click on that and you will get all the info you need.

Borobodur is awesome and an experience you will never forget.

Any question feel free to ask

nottingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

just back from Yogyakarta where we did Borobudur & Prambanan in one day with the Rumah Guides (page 182 Lonely Planet). We started at 4 AM in order to see the sun rise from a village facing the Merapi, absolutely fantastic but we were lucky as it was a clear day. Then we visited a village of potters as well as walked up the Merapi to see the devastation. An amazing day we will never forget.

Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

Great to see that there are we all had a good trip to Jogja. We hired a car service from a company listed on yogyes.com, the operator's e-mail is ari_djanto@yahoo.com. Our driver's name is Sidiq. He doesn't speak English though, but he helped us as much as he can. And he did not bring us to places where we'll be ripped off. :)

Hope this would be useful to anyone who plans to visit the lovely city. Our next stop is Vietnam, I hope we have a positive experience there too.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

Hi,

glad you guys had a good time. Personally, I prefer Jogja at an even, slower pace. LOL.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

it is an awesome temple - glad you had a great day

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

Just did this end of Sept 2012 and it was not stressful at all.

We took a late overnight train from Jakarta which arrived in Yogjakarta at 5:30am. We arranged everything with the help desk at the station which was already open ... Located inside the station before you walk out of the secured area.

He rang, the tour organisers and stated that there were 2 spaces for a 10:30am slot or we could do our own tour for 250,000 each ...Another couple had the same idea and the price was the 200,000 leaving as soon as our driver arrived.

Note : The Vehicle are usually 6 seaters.

This let enough time to Store our luggage in the station locker and book the evening tickets to Malang/Supermarket refill or breakfast, we were on the road at 6:30am.

Departure times for each site were arranged when we arrived there. Along the route check out the amazing stone sculptures for sale.

The driver did also stop at Mendut temple, where you can see a statue of Buddah in a western way, and squeeze a stop at the silver factory...interesting to see the process, and the 60 yr man doing intricate work wearing no glasses!!!

Allow more time for Prambanan exploration, the site is far bigger than Borudubur and you might want to lunch here.

The two sites are easily covered in 1 day with enough time to enjoy an afternoon walk along Malioboro sampling the local food. Check out the Spring rolls outside Mutiara Hotel...

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

Any good tour operator in Yogya , for visiting Bromo ?

10. Re: Borobudur and Prambanan in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 01:17