We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Asia?? Help needed! Thank you!

London, England...
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in Asia?? Help needed! Thank you!

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are looking to go somewhere around November-December time this year for a 2 week holiday/travel. We’re thinking probably somewhere in asia as it’s so cheap, easy to get around and don’t have to plan to much in advance but we’re really stuck as to where to go!

I think I would rather Indonesia whereas he would prefer Sri Lanka. We want to move around a bit and don’t care about luxury, want good food, busy markets, a few days on the beach and activities like cooking lessons, water sports, rafting etc. I keep thinking Thailand would be perfect but I’ve already travelled round there before so would rather go somewhere different. Does anyone have any ideas??!

Thank you!!

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Asia?? Help needed! Thank you!

Hey, If you ask a person from an Indonesian forum which country to go.. We will usually reply that th best country is Indonesia.. So you won't get an objective answer.. LOL..

1) Indonesia has its fair share of beach (we are an archipelago nation), have a look at destination such as BAli, Lombok, Gili Islands and Manado..

We have all these water sports and rafting in Bali..

2) We have great for here..

3) wikitravel will be a good base for research if you are still unclear..

4) Jogjakarta, Bali or Lake Toba if you like culture..

Search for the respective forums if you need more help.. More detailed questions will give you a more accurate answer..

Cheers

Edited: 22 May 2012, 17:21
Manado, Indonesia
Level Contributor
164 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Asia?? Help needed! Thank you!

Hello Sophie, all i suggest is Manado, and cities around, u'll find a lot of unique foods u can learn to cook, beautiful beaches, volcanos and even underwater volcano, and wait u can go swim to some beautiful lake, traditional markets and stuff, it is perfect for couple like you guys.

I am an International Business student, and i want my English to be perfect as i graduated next year, and im in a relationship with a London girl, we never met but we do skype everyday, im thinking about going to see her this winter, so if u want i can guide you for free to practice my English and ur British accent. Looking forward from you

3. Re: Where to go in Asia?? Help needed! Thank you!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:16