We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help save my relationship please!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Help save my relationship please!

Hi,

My partner & I are planning on going away in the first two weeks of January. I am desperate for somewhere quiet and relaxing where I can sit by a beach, read a book and don't have to do anything. My partner will get bored with that but will be happy if he has a beach with waves to do boogie boarding as he isn't a good swimmer.

If we can't find something soon that meets both our needs, it is going to turn into a major drama so hoping to get some suggestions that can deliver the relaxation I need in a lovely setting away from the touristy areas while satisfying his need for beach waves.

Can anyone suggest something for early January? Happy to go anywhere in Asia, not just limited to Indonesia.

Thanks

Edited: 29 July 2012, 08:03
Jayapura, Indonesia
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help save my relationship please!

Try Bali, there are many beautiful beach there, such as Kuta, Sanur, etc.

Or you can go to Lombok: Senggigi Beach, and also visit The Gilis (Gili Terawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air).

If you have further questions for beaches, just contact me.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help save my relationship please!

My fiance can't sit still either. When we go to bali I just. Make sure I book a few days out checking things out or adventure stuff like quad biking and rafting. On theday where we lounge around I let him sleep in the after breakfast send him on a 2hr massage. This gives me time to lie in the sun and read my book.

There is plenty to do in bali you just have to be smart about it if you have a fidgety man hahaha.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help save my relationship please!

Thanks for the suggestion. My concern with Bali is that the beaches with surf are too busy with people. Are there areas of Bali that arent so populated but still have a beach with surf?

He doesn't need any other activity to keep him happy other than being able to boogie board.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
543 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help save my relationship please!

I know this is the Bali forum but we went to Phuket last year and stayed at Kata beach. It was the most beautiful beach and my husband & kids went boogie boarding everyday for hours while I sat on the sun lounges at the beach and read my book. It was bliss. In Bali they surf for a little bit but nothing like we did there as we stay in Kuta or Legian & whilst the surfing is good the beaches are not as nice & it is busy.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help save my relationship please!

Thks greent. What time of year did u go? I read that June to September has waves but dec - jan is calm. Ur time does sound like bliss :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
543 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help save my relationship please!

Sorry Kazley we went in August so what you read may be true but I am not sure.

7. Re: Help save my relationship please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 21:05
8. Re: Help save my relationship please!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

9. Re: Help save my relationship please!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help save my relationship please!

Hi greent,

Just wanted to let you know I remembered your post & I just left Kata Beach!! Was staying there with my son & we both loved it & the surf was great. We're in Chiang Mai at the moment, but we have few days next week where I was planning to go to another beach, but I'm leaning towards Kata again. So just wanted to say thanks :)