We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

I did read something about beautiful Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Garut/Cipanas , is this worth the trip to go there ?

Where to find them exactly , is Tasikmalaya a good starting point , i will arrive there by train , any suggestions are welcome .

Thx WIllem

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
997 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

Hi,

I did a road trip from Bandung-Garut-Tasikmalaya to Pangandaran a few years ago and one of the most scenic rice terrace river valley views is near Kampong Naga somewhere between Garut and Tasikmalaya. But the best views are not from Kampong Naga itself imo but from a mainroad reststop area with mosque, toilet and restaurant, a few kilometres away. Also check the link

tripadvisor.com.my/Attraction_Review-g113150…

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

Great help thx ,

Is this the main road from -Garut-Tasikmalaya and than halfway (30Km) from Tasikmalaya.

Would like to go by motor to visit this place from Tasikmalaya , do you now if there are hiking possibility's , like to take some great picture's in this area .

are places to sleep also ?

Edited: 01 October 2012, 17:20
Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

Great help thx ,

Is this the main road from -Garut-Tasikmalaya and than halfway (30Km) from Tasikmalaya.

Would like to go by motor to visit this place from Tasikmalaya , do you now if there are hiking possibility's , like to take some great picture's in this area .

Are there places to sleep also ?

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
997 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

Yes, the main road between Garut and Tasikmalaya. The exact location of Kampong Naga area cant remember now. You have studied the maps. At one point the mainroad passes a narrow ridge with steep drops from both sides. I guess you can do some hiking down the valley and up another hill.

It was a fast drive from Bandung to catch the last boat to Green Canyon, there are hotels in Tasikmalaya, we slept at a cheap village house at Pangandaran.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

I did find some hotels inTasikmalaya , i gues that there are no sleeping options in Kampong Naga ?

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
997 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

Even if you get permission from the village head to stay in one of the rustic homes with no electricity its risky to leave the motorbike at the tourist parking lot uphill from the village :-)

7. Re: Paddy,s and Rice terraces around Tasikmalaya/Garut/Cipanas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 07:19