We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gili Islands

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Gili Islands

Spending two weeks in and around Bali in April/May We like snorkelling, walking, photography, good food in quiet restaurants etc. is it worth going to one of the Gili Islands for a few days? If so, which one is least spoilt; any reasonably priced hotel recommendations would be welcome along with any other tips.

Thanks

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gili Islands

To be specific the least spoiled Gilis are located on the south-west Sekotong Barat area or North-Eastern Lombok. The 3 most popular Gilis on the North-West coast are all developed with Gili T being the most popular. Gili Air is quickly following suite although not as booming as Gili T, Gili Meno dubbed the honeymoon island is the quietest of the 3.

I have visited all 3 Gilis as they all have something different to offer, they're also easily accessible via public boat for daytrips. You can read about my past stays here:

…blogspot.com/2013/07/gili-trawangan-2011-pa…

…blogspot.com/2013/08/gili-trawangan-sep-oct…

…blogspot.com/2013/…gili-trawangan-2012.html

…blogspot.com/2013/07/jbr-gili-air.html

…blogspot.com/2013/07/gili-gede-2012.html

…blogspot.com/2013/10/gili-ringgit.html

Jakarta, Indonesia
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gili Islands

when i go to gili trawangan two years ago, i didn't see any building like hotel. There are only cottage in Gili and the price range are from US$50 to US$200 per night. If you like to stay at hotel and enjoy the beach, you may stay at senggigi or west lombok.

I used to stay at Santika Hotel at West Lombok which is 3 Star Hotel with price around US$ 50 - 70 per night in peak season. You can go to senggigi beach with taxi with cost around US$5 and go to gili islands with boat. They will cost you around US$1 per person for the boat.

If you want to sure about the hotel price, you can check on www.booking.com or www.agoda.com

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gili Islands

Really helpful responses - thanks

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gili Islands

Hi, I am after the same info, we are travelling with two toddlers(1 & 2). So walking to everything(nice beaches, restaurants, etc) is important to us. What was your experience, where would you recommend staying, Gili or Senggigi?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gili Islands

@Melocart Hi Mel we're currently in Kerandangan just outside of Senggigi. We're also travelling with 2 infants, you will find Gili T easily navigatable. There are many restaurants, cafes & resorts along the main walking strip, just keep an eye out for the Cidomos (horse carts).

Senggigi is a bit bigger then Gili T, although the main strip is also within walking distance. You will find an abundance of restaurants & beachfront resorts also. In a word you can't go wrong with either. Since Senggigi is along the way to the Gilis why not stay at both?

6. Re: Gili Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:16