We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand and Indonesia in 14 nights?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand and Indonesia in 14 nights?

HI there,

I will have about 14 days, maybe 15 days to do Thailand and Indonesia, do you think this is enough time?

This will be the only opportunity to go out this way so wanted to stop at 2 counteries since I will not be back. I will be there in July or August.

I was thinking Seminyak/Legian 2 nights for surfing and shopping

Ubud: 2 nights

Gili T: 2 nights

Gili Meno: 1 night

From Gili Meno go back to Bali and fly to Bangkok

1 night in Bangkok

Fly to Krabi or overnight train

2 nights on raley

1 night on phi phi

2 nights koh lanta

Then fly back to Bangkok and stay in bangkok one night before flying home to Toronto.

Please let me know if this is too rushed. Is there something I should take out or stay longer at a specific place.

Thanks so much

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
8,868 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand and Indonesia in 14 nights?

Yes, I think your trip is way too rushed and you are trying to see too many places in too short a time..you will spend too much time getting from place to place and can't really appreciate any of it. Remember that, coming from Canada, and as your first time, you will be jet lagged, will be somewhat bewildered by language differences (including accents even if people speak English (or Canadian) ) currencies -thai baht and indonesian rupiah; transportation details, check in check out, etc. Decide on max 2 or 3 spots in each country OR preferably one or 2 spots in each country.

Have a great time planning and happy travels. Make sure you have good travel medical and evacuation insurance just in case.

2. Re: Thailand and Indonesia in 14 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:17