We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

Received a message from Bali that they have put up an alert to level 3 for the volcano .

Level 3 reads : Intensively increasing in Seismatic activity, if trend increases an eruption "Is Possible" and they state only is Possible within 2 weeks, and not a given.

Anyone else heard anything.

32 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,942 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

I must have been typing at the same time as you posted. Yes, things appear to be escalating very quickly. Here is my thread:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Edited: 19 September 2017, 02:41
PERTH
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

Yes cb my friends also are becoming a little worried. Interesting to see the Insurance Companies are up with it already.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
529 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

I am due to fly there in 4 weeks. This will be interesting......

abc.net.au/news/…8959240

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

We are going in about 5 weeks. I am getting concerned our plans may be down the tube.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
498 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

I am going October 10. Will keep an eye on this thread.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,942 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

I am due to spend over a month in Tulamben, starting next month, with Mt Agung directly behind the hotel. Tulamben was demolished last eruption and the USAT Liberty pushed from the shore into the ocean.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

Australian news is indicating they now have set up a 7.5 exclusion zone around the volcano and have set a 14 day watch alert period in place due to increased harmonic tremors from the volcano.

This is a wait and watch one.

Edited: 19 September 2017, 06:23
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

Can Malinda air seek alternative route to & from Bali due to volcanic ash ? As Garuda & air Asia can .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
713 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

Update from ABC this morning abc.net.au/news/…8962656

My understanding is that an eruption is not imminent until Government increase to level 4. Yes volcanos are unpredictable but this is being closely watched and it can take many months for any eruption to happen, or it may go back to sleep. I understand there are often rumbles at Mt Agung. Yesterday there was some confusion about smoke coming from the mountain, but it turns out there was a large brush fire which caused some ash falling and some evacuations locally, only adding to confusion and panic to local communities.

It is good that that there is some smoke and gas belching from the volcano, it's venting itself and hopefully won't have a full blown explosion. I am praying for the people of Bali.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia

Yes Harvey Sounds good for this stage. Yes you are right it is not imminent yet , As indicated although it is rumbling and making noises as you said it is belching gas and smoking is good but this is may it all will do.

Ah well we will see . Not good for Australian school holidays just around the corner next week with flights if it it doesn't stay stable. ' going myself (well at the moment) in 5 weeks so fingers crossed.

Funny part about it a friend has told me not many in and around Kuta and areas have no idea about it.

Edited: 20 September 2017, 02:05
Reply to: Mt Agung Volcano Indonesia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted