We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover in Singapore

San Francisco
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Layover in Singapore

I'm flying Singapore Air from Los Angeles to Bali. We have a small layover in Singapore, but I wanted to know if we could extend our layover in Singapore for two or three nights instead of a few hours without increasing the price of the ticket? Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover in Singapore

What airline are you flying? Singapore Airlines offers a Singapore Stopover with very good rates (see https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/promo/ssh/hotels/US/index.jsp).

just outside NYC
Level Contributor
315 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover in Singapore

We extended on the way back (helped with culture shock too, as Bali to the US is a huge difference). When you book on the Sing Air website (the best way, as you can choose your seats too), use the custom itinerary and build the flight in its segments. I think it's easier to do on the way back as the flight cost is based on your outbound destination, but I'm sure one of their booking agents would help you if you want to do it on the way there. You'd have three segments: LA to Bali (which changes planes in Singapore), Bali to Singapore, Singapore to LA. There was no price change when I did it that way.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layover in Singapore

Fantastic! Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Layover in Singapore

it's very strange - the stopover for the inbound flight is $700 less than the stopover for the outbound flight

just outside NYC
Level Contributor
315 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Layover in Singapore

Maybe based on one of the segments? Did you try various Bali/Sing combos -- different departure times? Maybe one of the flights is very full so there's a premium on it?

6. Re: Layover in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 13:16