We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Letter of Invitation.. (social visa)

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Letter of Invitation.. (social visa)

Hi.. im just looking for general info.. as to what my gf in bali needs to put in the invitation letter for my application for social visa ?? just her name address etc..

is there anything else she needs to include.. if anyone has any info on this i would be really grateful...

thx in advance all..

Indonesia
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Letter of Invitation.. (social visa)

Her name and address must be put of course.

The cruisal part is the reason why Indonesian goverment need to give you social visa. As you will be obtaining social and cultural visa some of the reason maybe:

-- you would like to come to Bali to do some social research.University, teachers will be more confincing sponsor.

--you would like to come to Bali to do learn some cultural activities like dancing, gamelan etc. Artist would best sponsor.

good talk about visa in indonesia can be seen in http://www.expat.or.id/

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Letter of Invitation.. (social visa)

thx for the reply.. i understand its a cultural + social visa.. but surely this covers just meeting a friend..

i found this..:

A letter of invitation from the applicant’s family/relatives/friends/social organizations in Indonesia, and copy of their passport (main details only) or ID (KTP).

Evidence of sufficient funds or a third party letter guaranteeing to support the applicant financially during his/her stay, together with documentary evidence of ability to do so.

surely she doesnt need to show she can support me financially for 2mths ??

anyone else got any more info on this ??

3. Re: Letter of Invitation.. (social visa)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 23:16