We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Zoo

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Zoo

Where is the Bali Zoo located? Anyone know the website? I've looked at websites for the elephant park, bird park, reptile park & butterfly park from postings on the forum. Am planning on taking a Balinese family with children aged 2 - 4 yrs out for a day & thought the zoo might be a place they'd enjoy. Elephant park sounds fantastic including rides, but would be costly for us all. Any other suggestions for places/activities for young children which they wouldn't normally access due to the cost?

Recently joined trip advisor but have been reading postings on the forum for weeks.Think i'm becoming obsessed, get withdrawl symptoms if i don't check it each day! Have booked most of my hotels & planned ideas for trips/tours from info on the forum. Thanx to you all. Spent 10 days in Bali last summer, loved it so much that am going for 4 weeks at end July/August. Can't wait! Was soooo jealous of all you lucky people who went for Christmas/New Year.

Thanx Urs

1. Re: Bali Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2008, 03:41
Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Zoo

Hi Ayu Wida,

Thanks for your very swift reply. Have looked at the zoo website & will definately visit. Also thanks for your email address. I'm sure I'll be contacting you with lots more questions between now & late July when I come to Bali again.

Regards

Urs

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Zoo

hi Ursie,

i think you are referring to the 'original bali zoo' not the new one as mentioned?

if so it is a great day out. we had a great time there with our 3 year old.

there is a web site to visit. it is US$18 adult.

child US$9.

domestic prices are 40000rp adult

20000rp child

children 0-2 are free.

the web site is

www.bali-zoo.com

the zoo is at sukuwati.

or very close to ubud. you could go to the zoo and then head to the monkey forest which is also a fantastic place to visit.

www.monkeyforestubud.com

this is very inexpensive to visit.

it would be cheaper to hire a driver for the day to get you there rather than book a tour.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Zoo

Hi Snookystraveltips,

Thanx for your reply. Spoilt for choice now as to which zoo to visit. Have you heard from anyone who has visited the new safari & marine park? Good idea to also visit the monkey forest. I went last year & am sure that the children would love it. I am planning to use a driver from Amed who is a friend.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Zoo

theres been a few topics recently regarding zoo/safari park.. just run a search for more info..

heres link to safari park..:

www.balisafarimarinepark.com/contacts.html

also check out my gallery for pics of monkey forest.. click my name>about me.. you should see a link there :D

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Zoo

Hi I went to the new safari park a few weeks ago. It's great $25US for adults and children. 75.000 for locals and KITS holders.

You need a full day. You get entry, 2 turns for the safari tour which takes about 25 minutes. We only went once. You drive though areas with lions, tigers, tapirs, ostriches and many other animals. You walk around and can take a photo with a white tiger, orangutang etc. You get one included in your ticket. Pay 20.000- if you want more. They have elephant, camel rides. Pay extra.

They also have pools with slides etc like waterbom. They have 3 shows but they are in Indonesian. You still can watch- birds etc.

They are building a theme park but there are only 3 rides so far (there will be 10).

In May the Marine part opens where there will be a boat type ride where you go through and see animals from the boat. I couldn't see where this will go so I don't know if May is still the targetted opening.

I am going to take my sponsor family there when I go back. I'm sure they'll love it. I showed them the photos of me patting the tiger, the bay lion and me feeding the elephants. They were very excited.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali Zoo

Hi Catalyst,

Thanx for the detailed info. Think I'll visit Bali Zoo with one family & the safari park with another family who also has a young child.Sounds like a really good day out. Don't know who'll enjoy it more, me or the children!

8. Re: Bali Zoo

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2008, 09:58
9. Re: Bali Zoo

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2008, 09:59
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali Zoo

Boy, who dug this one up from the depths. This was before our Ursie was a Expert.LOL