We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrival visa/payment

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
299 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
arrival visa/payment

Please can someone confirm that a UK passport holder has to pay 25 US Dollars (cash) each for an 11 day holiday in Bali? Is this money payable in any other form i.e. UK pounds/local currency/credit or debit card? Would I need any other type of visa?

Thanks, Heather.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,699 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arrival visa/payment

Hi Heather

You would be safer to pay in US Dollars, using good (ie not torn/old notes). That way you will avoid possibly paying more than you should due to low exchange rate etc. I don't think you need any other visa, perhaps you should check your local immigration or foreign affairs web site.

Do enjoy your holiday!

cheers

wendy

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arrival visa/payment

i also have a british passport heather but all you need to pay is the $25 for the VOA - visa on arrival, like whats been mentioned its best to take $$ for this..

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,012 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arrival visa/payment

Please pay in $US. as i have posted many times there have been a few problems and scams where your currency is not being converted acuratly (therefor overcharges) then you are given the wrong change in small rupiah notes. therefor the conversions are happening from your currency to $US then to rupiah, ALL at whatever conversion rate the person chooses to use. some staff are doing the 'wrong thing' so to speak. the problem has been acknowledged and addressed but it still happens. don't risk being overcharged take $US

4. Re: arrival visa/payment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 20:17