We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants - legian Seminyak and Kerobokan

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants - legian Seminyak and Kerobokan

I have been asked by quite a few people which restaurants are good in Bali right now so here are my top picks for eating out in Legian, Seminyak and Kerobokan right now - enjoy!

Legian and Seminyak have some of the best places to eat on the Island you will definitely be spoiled for choice. There are lots of choices beyond what I have written here, but these are my absolute favorites, included also are some great new places that are well worth a visit ..

Warung Asia

This very casual spot in a very simple bale that is great for Thai and Asian inspired cuisine, delicious flavours and incredibly good value for money. Some of my favourites are the green papaya salad and the beef Massaman.

Inexpensive - Open for lunch and dinner closed Sundays . Jl. Arjuna /Double Six No. 23 Legian Kuta

+62 - 361 - 742 0202

Warung Gossip

Great authentic little Indonesian warung, tucked away just past the Jail Rd in Kerobokan.

Incredibly cheap – a good way to try Indonesian style food – most is served in traditional buffet style, just choose what appeals and they will serve it up to you and tally up the price – also serve Indo staples such as Nasi Goreng etc to order. really Inexpensive

- Jln. Pengubengan, Kalih,

Kerobokan. No phone closed Sundays

Queens Tandoor

In our opinion this restaurant serves some of the best Indian food you will find – anywhere! Great authentic flavours and prepared Indian chefs - We go here er rather a lot – about once a week! (we should probably buy shares lol!) Midrange

- Jalan Raya Seminyak No 73 (Gallery Seminyak).

Kuta

Phone : 62 - 361 - 732770.

http://www.queenstandoor.com/default-bali.asp

Trattoria

Trattoria is famous for its fantastic homemade pastas and thin crust pizza (I personally don’t recommend the mains - meat courses so much) The Jl Oberoi branches (one open at dinner and a smaller pizza place open day and night) are an institution (especially for us expats!) They are very generous here with lots of complimentary bread, tomato brushetta and home made liqueur shots with dessert! Be aware their prices have jumped up a bit lately but is still excellent value.

They have just recently opened another branch in Jimbaran – if you are not staying in the area it is a perfect stop after visiting Uluwatu for an early dinner or late lunch if you go up to the top level you have great views of the sea and the planes taking off and landing at the airport in the distance – quite surreal at sunset. They also offer seafood platters at this particular restaurant and things like shell fish entrees that they don’t have at their Jalan Oberoi restaurants - Highly recommended! Inexpensive/ mid range

Seminyak - Jl Oberoi - 737 082 (pizza/ lunch restaurant 7460253)

Jimbaran - temple hill studios - Jl Wanagiri 704677

http://www.trattoriabali.com

Kaizan and K2 (K2 is new)

– Japanese and Korean

Don’t be put off if Kaizan looks empty when you go to the door step – it actually has a whole upper floor balcony with Japanese type seating and air-conditioned sushi bar/ room upstairs also .

Excellent sushi and Korean BBQ also a great range of Japanese sakes and spirits as well as a pretty good wine list. K2 next door is great if you want Japanese type tapas. Everything is pretty well priced for this style of food  Highly recommend the spider roll and the octopus/ squid tempura served with black ink (the Korean BBQ lamb is fantastic also) Midrange

The Junction - NEW

This is one of my absolute favourite lunch stops. Fresh tasty food with an emphasis on salads and lighter food (although they do a some mean buckwheat pancakes with chicken béchamel and mushrooms that aren’t so light! ) prepared imaginatively and creatively and all at excellent prices. Large interesting juices, free wifi and a light and airy space who could ask for more? It is also excellent for dinner I hear but I am yet to try it !

Recommend – everything! Inexpensive/ mid range

Jl Oberoi (Laksama) (0361) 735610

La Sal

Excellent Authentic Spanish style Tapas – with an outdoor Argentinean BBQ the décor is an out door 2 story Bale style dining down stairs and a lounge seating area upstairs. One of our favourite places! Highly recommend the baby back pork ribs (soo good!) the creamy potatoes (naughty!) and the meatballs and crunchy mushrooms are must tries also.. midrange/expensive

Jl Drupadi II 738 321

lasal@dps.centrin.net

The Corner Store

Excellent spot for Breakfast or lunch, the scrambled eggs are cooked perfectly (a rare thing in Bali you will find!) the hash browns are huge homemade and delicious. The salads are fantastic and all is excellent value my favourite is the tuna, artichoke and feta salad . Free Wifi

On the corner (of course) Jl Oberoi (Laksama) (only open for B/fast and Lunch) inexpensive

Antique

Pan Asian and Western

This little restaurant tucked away in ‘Drink St’ is a great place to watch the alternative night life in full force later in the evening! The food served is highly imaginative and innovative and very well priced for the quality. Well travelled Javanese owner Joshua puts his clever touch and style on every dish and is often there playing host in the later part of the week. Inexpensive/midrange

Only open nights

Jl Dhyna Pura Seminyak Ph 730907

Café Bali

This place is worth visiting for the décor alone. Decorated in a colonial romantic shabby chic the fantastic attention to detail is lovely!

Highly recommend the lime capriokas. The menu is a little unusual, a real mixture of dishes and snacks, very popular with the French (probably because the owner is French also) Inexpensive/midrange

Jl Oberoi (Laksama) 7801515

Sip Wine bar – NEW

French

This new restaurant offers old school homestyle French cuisine with crisp white tablecloths served by waiters with stiffly starched aprons. Wine is also a focus with many wines being offered by the glass and also by the taste – great to have the choice at a restaurant finally (even if they are somewhat overpriced) midrange/expensive

Jalan Raya Seminyak No. 16A (just opposite the BINTANG Supermarket)

Lestari Grill (new management)

Italian

I got invited to this restaurant for a ‘slow food’ evening and didn’t know what to expect.. I was completely blown away by the quality and superb execution of the food.. I am not really a steak person but the one I was served here was simply amazing – in fact everything we had was incredible (and it wasn’t usually things I would have chosen) the warn zucchini salad with grapes and pancetta was excellent (even to my husband who doesn’t usually like zucchini !) but the stand out for me was the Ravioli – the best I have eaten – anywhere – period.

If you are staying in Canggu or the Umalas (or even Seminyak) you should definitely put this restaurant on your dining itinerary! midrange

9X Jl Umalas Lestari (in the back of the horse stables)

Ph (0361) 792 6375

http://www.lestari-bali.com

Sarong

Thai/ Indian/Chinese and Malaysian fusion

This is the new hip kid on the block – very popular with the ‘cool set’– same style of food (and chef!) as Blossom premiered with last year – bring your credit card this place isn’t a bargain that’s for sure! Also has a lounge as well as a dining area where you can order Asian tapas. Expensive

Jl. Petitenget No. 19X, Kerobokan

Tel: +62 361 737 809

http://www.sarongbali.com/

Kudeta

Love it or hate it this place is an institution.. Great place to see the sunset ( and people watching is a big past time here) although be prepared to pay a lot for drinks!

The set breakfast is one of the best on the Island (and although it is now 80k++ it is still a great deal for the quality and quantity (and the great location!) Lunch is pretty good – Dinner prices get a bit silly… as do entry to their ‘functions’ in the high season. Kudeta has just gone under extensive renovations and added in a second level area.. Expensive

Warisan

Another Bali institution, great food but be prepared for prices at the higher end of the scale! Personally I think they are well due for a renovation – the colonial shabby chic is looking decidedly shabby these days! Expensive

Jalan Raya Kerobokan 731-175

Gado Gado

I have had some great lunches and a couple of shocking dinners at this place.. so only feel comfortable recommending it as a great spot for lunch - as you set on a deck practically on the beach. Midrange/ Expensive

Jl Jl Dhyna Pura Seminyak 736966

Hu’u

Great spot for Asian Tapas and cocktails and dancing later in the evening.

My favourites – their signature lychee martini and their prawn fritters – yum one plate is never enough! Midrange/ Expensive

Jl Petitenget 736443

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants - legian Seminyak and Kerobokan

Good choices Brigid

Add

Blossom

Mades Warung, Seminyak

Rumours

Blue Ocean for great fish.

and I'm about to try Warung Sunda highly recommended by my expat friends.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants - legian Seminyak and Kerobokan

Hi Brigid

Thanks for your list - that should keep lots of people happy for a while!

The latest news on Kafe Warisan is that I have been told it will close in December to re-open somewhere in Batubelig and maybe with a different name! Guess they don't need to renovate if that is the case.

I agree with all of your choices and would never recommend Gado Gado for dinner either - always a a disappointment.

The restaurants amongst my favourites that I would add are:

Cafe Eropa - great for lunch - wonderful chicken satay set for 20,000 - fabulous sauce.

Jl Petitenget #9D Kerobokan

Osteria Telese - beat Trattoria for Italian food in my humble opinion

Tel: (0361) 734 566 - Jl Laksman - opposite the Legian Hotel

Warung Sobat - Jl Batubelig - reservations are essential. they are closed on Saturday and make sure your order the baby lobster the day before - absolutely delicious and very cheap!

Tel: (0361) 738 922

Many thanks for the list of your recommendations.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants - legian Seminyak and Kerobokan

Fantastic information Brigid.

Thank you so much for the update of good restaurants. It is always good to have first hand reccommendations from foodies in the know!!

Many of these places i know and enjoy.. but you have given me new places to try for my next visit. Just what I was looking for.

I have a couple of real cheapo favourites on Double 6 for lunch.. Warung Murah and Warung Melati

For Ubud, I totally agree that Lamak and Warung Enak are wonderful and of course Mozaic.

I will try some of the others on your list in September, all being well.

Thank you again

4. Re: Restaurants - legian Seminyak and Kerobokan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 01:20