We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

My sister in law and her family are now coming to Bali with us in January so now I need to find accommodation for 10 of us. We now want to have two villas together, whether they be just two or whether they be in a bigger complex doesn't matter just as long as the two families are in the same area. There are obviously 100's of these, where do I start? We are both on a budget so we don't mind basic but would love a pool. Can someone please point me in the right direction. We are planning 8 days in Sanur and 5 in Ubud.

Many thanks

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

I have never been to Bali, but going in 7 days!!! However I have used the web site below to book houses both domestically and internationally without issues. Each home is listed by the owner, so usually no middle man... Good Luck!

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…8485

western australia
Level Contributor
682 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

Pondok Ayu in Sanur may fit the bill, it is a total of 4 rooms side by side on 2 levels. There is a pool and dining area/breakfast room. It is well priced and clean. The manager lives on site but you would have the place to yourselves if you booked all rooms. I think it has been reviewed here on TA. We stayed here a few years ago and loved it.

western australia
Level Contributor
682 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297700-d783…

is the link or their website direct is

http://www.pondok.com.au/

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

i know how you feel i have 10 going in a few weeks time.. for something that is budget in sanur the villa puri ayu has 2 villas. the villa diamond has a pool and 4 bedrooms. they will actually take 10 in the one villa with a couple of extra beds in the kids rooms. they also have a 3 bedroom villa and some 2 bedroom apartments. there is also sanur beach villas. very good prices and they have 2 bedroom apartment villas owned and operated by an australian called Ron. bali zen villas has cheaper villas as well. i am staying in ubud also but at a smaller hotel with individual rooms with extra beds.

Chelan, Washington
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

Look at http://www.villanagamaya.com - check their availability calender for Jan. they might have both villas open.

It's only 2 villas so you could have the whole place to yourselves plus the pool.

Then you'd have 4 bedrooms plus there's a huge couch and a couple comfy fold up beds. Lots of room.

It's in Legian about a 5 minute walk from everything.

you can even get a pool-side massage.

Google it.

We've stayed there 3 times now and love it more each time.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

as suggested above my sisters and I have booked all the rooms at Pondok Ayu for this Christmas, with our 3 families we hope to have the effect of a private villa.

The only villa I've looked at in Ubud was at Tegal Sari and it was pretty awesome but I don't think it will sleep 10, Saren Indah is a beautiful small hotel and in booking so many rooms you would feel at home. Also all the Alam hotels are small enough to feel at home, and the rooms are huge, with some two room suites.

Another place we have thought of staying is Rhumah Kartika Dharma, looks very cool on the net, but not sure how many it sleeps?

Bali Hideaway Ubud looks amazing, one day I'm going to stay here! It has a main house plus a another smaller place on the property.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

Thanks for all your replies. I've looked at all recommendations and they are either out of our price range or already booked :-(

We did have a 3 bedroom available at puri ayu but now more family are coming we need another suite/apartment and they are fully booked.

Any other suggestions welcome!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

this new villa is perfect for large groups. 3 master suites, 2 twins,1 bunk room and a single room/nursery 5 mins from beach.

baliholidayaccommodation.com/…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

u r better off to stay in 1 place the whole time instead of moving 2 families and just do a day trip to ubud. Its very easy and cheap and you would be there within an hour in the morning and come back in the afternoon.

10. Re: Help, more family coming, now I need accommodation for 10!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 06:25