We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please recommend best driver in Bali.

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Please recommend best driver in Bali.

Hello, I am going to Bali next month. Can anyone recommend me a good driver to take me around? Thanks!

Portugal
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

hey...

take Nyoman Sila.

http://funwithsila.blogspot.com/

tell him what you want to do/see, and he can arrange the best to you. very safe and really good advices.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

Hi dychan,

There is a list of drivers here on the forum. Click on "Before you go" under search box on left of page. Then click on "Drivers" under the Transportation section. Otherwise do a search by typing "driver" into the search box above your post. This will give you postings in which drivers have been mentioned.

You can't go wrong with Dean who has a team of drivers known as "Drivers with distinction". He is a great guy, very knowledgeable about Bali, can follow your itinerary or help you to plan one. He can take you to places off the beaten track, recommend restaurants, places to shop etc. Has a good sense of humour & nothing is too much trouble for him.

Have a great holiday & we'd love to hear how you got on, so hope you post a JBR (just back report) when you get back home.

Ursie

Brisbane , QLD
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

Hi all,

Best to get hold on Nick... He runs his own travel agency and prices are fantastic. He has GREAT knowledge. And can take you to the most amazing place in Bali. If you want to eat the local food just get him to take you to his local eating haunts. Best food you will eat at the cheapest prices.

For more info contact me at....dwambo21@bigpond.com

Cheers

Dwayne

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

There is a comprehensive list of drivers with brief subjective reviews at

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-c8993/Bali:In…

I have used this driver with great success in the past.

http://www.balicarservice.com/

There are many good drivers on Bali!

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

Thanks for the information guys!!! But just check, roughly how much they charge per day? =)

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

I did a survey post on this about 2 months ago -

Result was a range of 350,000 rps to 450,000 rps for a full day. Most drivers will go from early morning to late at night without complaint.

The upper range should include petrol, the lower range probably not. Also a longer engagement (a few days or week, etc) should result in a lower fee. Its also ok to tip for extraordinary service.

Its all negotiable. I have an opinion that its best to give the drivers a reasonable fee, and anything much below the lower range starts to get too cheap.

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

im just etlling dychan if you're looking for a driver definitely not go with ketut johnny!before we go to bali a week before we already talked to him and asked him if he's going to be our driver.he assured us that he'll pick us up at the airport and will be our driver the whole time that we are in bali. so the trip came and unfortunately someone fetch us knowing that he was johnny and it happened to be that he was johnny's brother. i forgot his name but he was a dark skinned guy with a weird hairstyle. my bf was really disatisfied with his service and 100% not an honest person. ya, maybe it was our fault as well but if you're an honsest person you're going to bring back someone's money and to think you've been with them for the whole week....right?? but anyway..our trip was great especially our visit to the ebach and to the exciting and enticing restaurants there..unluckily i cannot eat shrimp..but the crabs were great!!!!

Brisbane QLD...
Level Contributor
162 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

Hi dychan, My husband and I just came back from Bali, we hired Dean, he was just fantastic, he'l pick you up early morning till late if you like he also has bottled water & softdrinks on board (free ) for he's customers, nothing is to much trouble for him at all, he loves a good laugh too, he'l take you to the best money changes, resturants, shopping etc just about anything at all.

Happy holidays.

Cheers

Barb

UBUD
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

Hai dychan

Highly recomend made candra Used New car 2008 cost only 380.000/12 hours

contact Made : madecedil@yahoo.com

Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please recommend best driver in Bali.

We highly recommend Komang Bajing.

Licensed and insured for tourism.

Brand new car with seatbelts throughout. Baby seat available.

Warm, caring, friendly. Great knowledge of the highways and byways of Bali. Very good English and great sense of humour.

We recently took a most memorable 3 day tour with him.

www.paradisedriver.com