We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March weather in Bali - please help!!

england
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
March weather in Bali - please help!!

hello it's me again!!

we are looking to book a holiday to bali, ideally i would like us to go in march as it will be our 5th wedding anniversary, but we are in two minds and might go in june, only because of what we have read on the internet about the weather. does anyone know what the weather is usually like in march? does it rain a lot? if so, how long does it usually last? what time of the day does it usually rain? what is the temperature like in march?

thank you in advance

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,444 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March weather in Bali - please help!!

March is still rainy season, expect temperatures around 85 degrees and fairly high humidity, average rain about .25 inches. Rain is anyone's guess, you could just have rain for an hour in the morning then it could be dry the rest of the day, or you could have steady showers all day, or just an overcast day.

Weather should undoubtedly be better in June, however I find that the rain is a great excuse to hit the shops, or go for a spa treatment, or have a nice long relaxing lunch watching the rain.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March weather in Bali - please help!!

As Noodles says, it's impossible for us to predict if it will rain or not. I have been to Bali in March a couple of times, once we had no rain at all (but it was extremely hot and humid because of this) and last March it rained a bit but never enough to stop us doing what we wanted. You will find that it could be raining in the mountains and the lower southern areas are fine. We found, if we were travelling to Ubud or Lake Bratan it is best to leave early because the chance of rain in the afternoon is higher.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March weather in Bali - please help!!

as above but if u can go in june. weather much better. then again rain and at the end of the rainy season means more and cleaner water for river based activities.

bali
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March weather in Bali - please help!!

I have been in Bali in March for the last few years and the weather is perfect. It might rain for an hour in the afternoon but its nice rain and it clears the air and makes everything fresh.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
5. Re: March weather in Bali - please help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 09:22