We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

London, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

I have only a day to spend so I have to choose between the following 2 tours from Ubud.

The first tour is to Alas Kedaton and then Tanah Lot. Is there a lot to see in Pura Tanah Lot and from the photograph there is only one little temple. Why is it so famous? Can I go there during other hours and still enjoy it apart from the famous sun set? I do not want to go back to Ubud in the dark and cannot enjoy the scenic route. This tour is 5 hours and starts from 15.00 hr.

The other tour is to visit Pacung to enjoy the volcano view, drive to Bedugul to see the botanical garden and then to Lake Bratan and visit Ulun Danu Temple which last 8 hours.

Please help me to choose one. Much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Alas Kedaton
Alas Kedaton
157 Reviews
Tabanan, Indonesia
Bedugul
Bedugul
Baturiti, Indonesia
Ulun Ubud Resort & Spa
Ulun Ubud Resort & Spa
220 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,613 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

Dear Celine

If I had to choose between these 2 tours then I would definitely choose the latter. The scenery is just beautiful and you would see a lot more than if you do a tour that leaves at 15.00 hr - don't forget that it gets dark around 6.30 so you really only have 3.5 hours of daylight in this tour.

If you go to Pacung, Lake Bratan and the Ulun Danu Temple you will be seeing a variety of things: A temple, great markets, botanical gardens and wonderful scenery along the way.

You can definitely go to Tanah Lot at other times of the day - you don't have to go at sunset. I often take people there at other times of the day simply because it is less crowded.

Mentioned in this post
Ulun Ubud Resort & Spa
Ulun Ubud Resort & Spa
220 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
London, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

Thanks a lot. I have got the hotel to book me the tour you recommended.

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,613 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

Hi Celine

That's great - have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the tour. When you go to the markets at Candikuning make sure you buy cashews and peanuts - they are absolutely delicious. Don't forget to bargain!

London, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

I will start practising my bargaining skill now!

Eh, one more question, if it is rainning, is it worth going to the Botanical Garden?

Thanks for your expertise!

Celine

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,613 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

Not sure about that - the thing is with the rain in Bali that it can be pouring with rain for 30 minutes (or longer) and then the sun comes out so I think you should make that decision when you get there. It will be a last minute decision really.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
London, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

Good advice. We will be flexible on our trip. Thanks again for your time and your effort.

Hope you have a wonderful X'mas and a healthy and happy 2009!

Celine

7. Re: Choose between Pura Tanah Lot and Ulan Danu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 16:17