We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

Hello everyone !! My fiance and I are traveling to Bali close to the end of May and our first stop is Pemuteran. We are staying three nights there and would love to get as much information as possible as to the best activities and places to see. Our main goal is of course to be in the water a bit to do some snorkeling, so the more detailed information/connections you could give us, we would appreciate it greatly. We know of the Turtle Hatchery and Menjagan Island, but any specific information related to the two or to other attractions/activities would be awesome.

Please let us know all you know -- we are relying a lot on trip advisor and you guys so the more info we get the better.

Thank you so much................

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

i haven't been yet but going this april/may. here's the reearch i have so far:

Teluk terima - Makam jayaprana - temple on hill with great views; short nature trek with guide from park headquarters.

Palau Menjangan island – several snorkel spots, best is anchor wreck - boat from labuhan lalang, last boat 11am, basic accom here.

Pemuteran – white sand beach, coral reefs and fish.

Banyuwedang – little west – hot springs exposed with tides

Pura pulaki - 5 km east – coast cliff temple with monkeys.

Pantai gondola – east – snorkelling undeveloped.

Taman Nasional Bali Barat - walk

there is also good snorkelling at pemuteran.

the site below was recommended to me by people who used them fpr dive/snorkel trip to M island and they were very helpful in email replies.

snorkel trip

www.searovers.net

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

Hi,

Just to add to the list above, depending on when you're heading there, try to catch the buffalo races at Negara.

There is an interesting(in architecture) Catholic Church in the west as well. It might be nice to take a look at it - if you like that kind of thing.

I think you can also ride horses on the beach.

From Permuteran, en route east, we visited a place where they sold pearls (didn't buy anything, just wanted to visit it) but I can't remember how far it was from Permuteran.

The turtle Hatchery is very tiny, so don't expect to spend half a day there. You'll be spending more time snorkelling and maybe go for a hike in the National Park.

We spent 3 nights in Gawana Novus. The first day we just took our time to get there. The second day, we went snorkelling.

The third day, we went on a morning hike, and then borrowed a motorbike and explored the west, taking the small roads here and there. We left in the morning (after breakfast) of the last day to head east. We did the turtle hatchery, checkout out some hotels along the way - and also visited the pearl factory place. It wasn't so much of a farm like the one on Nusa Lembongan, but more of a place to buy pearls.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

Hi Jade_du Do you remember the name of the town where the pearl place is?

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

Thank you guys and please keep the info coming -- the more options we have the better........

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

Hi,

I actually think it was IN Permuteran itself, but I'm not sure. I only found out about it at the hotel I was staying in. Sorry! :-(

I did find this online though:

hellobalimagazine.com/pages/edition/june-200…

Hope this helps.

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

Thanks the two of you for your advice but it seems that the post may be going in a different direction, therefore I reposted it with a different topic. Please don't take offense to this at all, I am just trying to get as much info as possible and i appreciate all the info you guys have given me so far.

Tripadvisor wouldn't be the same without all of you guys and your help..........

thanks !!!

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

Sorry to read that you aren't interested in going to visit Atlas Pearl. After all, it is something more to do in Permuteran which is a fairly quiet part of Bali!

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

The Bali Starling conservation project is worth a visit if you are a nature lover.

It is set in the National park which is a beautiful place to explore.

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

Now the Starling Conservation project sounds like a great thing to visit - I must look into doing that myself - do you know how to contact them or do I just google it?

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pemuteran -- Things to do and places to go

There is a tourist information center at the entrance to the National Park.

Our driver asked for directions to the Bali Starling place. One of the N/Park guides jumped in the car and directed us.