We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

Thanks to everyone who has been helping my fiance and I out about ideas/places/activities to do in Pemuteran. We do plan on doing quite a bit of snorkeling, the turtle hatchery, and Menjangan Island, but are also debating going to Lovina once in the early evening.

Any comments or suggestions as to a good place to go and have some food and good drinks ? Maybe some entertainment ?

And also, how long of a trip is this ? We plan on getting a driver for it, but just want to figure out if it's worth all of it.........

Thanks you all..........

US
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

Nothing compelling enough for me personally to drive about an hour each way just to spend an evening in Lovina.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

It seems that you plan to stay 3 nights in Pemuteran. By the second night you may be "stir crazy" and could want to go somewhere different.

In Lovina there are a number of small but good restaurants.

Two good ones are,

(1)Jasmine's Kitchen which is down a small laneway and serves very good Thai style food.

(2)Tropis along the beach which also has good food. In particular the chicken in white wine sauce is a personal favourite. Putu the owner of the place is also a wealth of knowledge about the local area.

For a bit of music try Zigiz or one of the neighboring bars. They often have good quality groups playing there.

I quite like this particular hotel in Lovina www.baliparadisehotel.com/

You have mentioned doing a day trip to Sekumpul waterfall, maybe call into Lovina on your way back from there.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
986 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

I'm scheduled to spend three nights in Pemuteran in January. Will probably extend it to four.

I think you're underestimating how much traveling you'll be doing to get there. Pemuteran is 3 hours from DPS or Ubud and more than an hour each way in the bemo from Lovina. If you have three nights there, that means you only have two days when you're not traveling.

While it's possible to snorkel from the beach, I imagine one or both of those days you'll head east to Menjangan Island and Bali Barat Park, which is another hour or more in the car or boat.

So personally, I'd stay put and relax.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

Hi,

Would have to agree that Jasmine's Kitchen in Lovina is a fantastic restaurant if you like Thai food. I had the BEST green chicken curry and my partner had the best chocolate fondant dessert (takes 20 mins to cook) It was delicious.

Lovina also had the coldest Bintang we came across a the Seabreeze cafe on the beach.

Have fun

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

agree with itswindy. has very good points.

lovina is okay. more restaurants, beach, sea urchins, boats to reef.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

For a real foodie treat in Lovina, the restaurant at Damai is hard to beat.[ not cheap] They have an organic vegetable garden in the grounds.

It is in the hills behind Lovina, with lovely views.

The rooms/villas/gardens are gorgeous too.

7. Re: Staying in Pemuteran - wondering about trip to Lovina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 23:16