We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying silver jewellery

South Africa
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
buying silver jewellery

Has anyone bought wholesale silver jewellery from a shop in Legian called Ratu Silver jewellery? Am interested in buying wholesale items but the minimum one needs to spend seems to be 500US Dollars. Anyone know of anywhere else with good quality silver that the minimum order is slightly less??

Many Thanks

Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: buying silver jewellery

there is no minimum order to buy any handycraft in bali

for silver better that you buy in ubud area,in a village called mas village near by ubud there is a lot of silver shop and the have a silversmith as well

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying silver jewellery

If you are going to go to Mas (and I think this is a good idea) be sure you visit quite a few silversmiths not just 1 or 2. The quality varies greatly and therefore so does the price. The lesser quality places will allow you to haggle down to about 40% of the orginal asking price while better quality places will not move much on price (and then only for quantity).

Also find a driver you trust to take you there because the lesser quality places will also give him a commission if you buy anything from them. Although if you haggle hard enough they will not be able to afford to give the driver his commission. We were told to do this by our driver (so that they were unable to give him a commission, he told us what his cut would be, so told us what percentage to haggle down to), but we didn't end up buying from these places as we didn't like the quality. We bought from a better quality place called Prapen, and the discounts were minimal but the quality was great and the prices were reasonable for the quality.

In fact I still wear my pieces to this day, everyday, they never come off (except when I'm having a Balinese massage. LOL).

3. Re: buying silver jewellery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 08:22