We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family hotel accom????

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family hotel accom????

We will be heading to Bali for the first time in a few weeks. While we are there we are interested in having a look at a few different hotels, that we may be able to take our family to in the future. We have 2 teenage daughters (13 & 15). We want to look at places that are nice but not too pricey (soon adds up when it is 4 people). Probably prefer something with 2 bedrooms or inter-connecting rooms. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

NJay

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family hotel accom????

Kumala pantai has rave reviews ...legian

melasti beach resort ... legian ...reviews are it is tiring .

febri's ..... tuban

just to name a few

cheers

batt

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,819 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family hotel accom????

do you have an area where you would prefer to stay? then hotels can be recommended where you prefer to stay.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Family hotel accom????

Haven't been before so not too sure, but probably not right in Kuta - maybe Legian or Tuban???? - close enough to everything for the girls but not too hectic for us??

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
499 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family hotel accom????

Hi NJay

When our two girls were about that age (about 6 years ago) we went to Bali for the first time and stayed at the Santika in Tuban.

It's a really lovely hotel, very Balinese style set in gorgeous gardens, excellent buffet breakfasts, fabulous staff. More for adults and older children such as yours. We had adjoining deluxe rooms, and we all thoroughly enjoyed ouselves.

Stayed there again in 2007 with adult friends this time in garden bungalows, and loved it all over again.

Not sure about the prices now, though I saw it advertised recently as part of a package at a good rate.

Robyn

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,819 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family hotel accom????

in tuban the febris hotel and green garden hotel are popular and less expensive. the bali rani and santika and bali garden are also good choices. in legian i would choose kumala pantai. sanur is also a good place, quieter, but relaxing, there are 2 bedroom places such as sanur beach villas, palm garden hotel and stana puri gopa have a family room (not 2 bedroom though). these are a few 'lower' priced choices. ubud is also worth considering for a few days with cheaper places like adi cottages right in the middle of ubud and tegal sari just to name a couple. my kids (including teenagers) like to stay in a few different areas to explore the shops and 'cheaper' spas etc. last trip we did tuban, sanur and ubud. my 3 teenagers strolled around safely in these areas and had a great time. we travelled with a group of 10 and i know what you mean about the prices soon adding up.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Family hotel accom????

Thanks everyone!

Will write a list and check out these places while we are there.

Thanks,

Njay

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family hotel accom????

Hi Njay

Try having a look at accor.com.au and click on Bali. They have an apartment hotel in Nusa Dua which is lovely and I can recommend them. We always stay at Accor hotels whenever we travel.

Good luck

8. Re: Family hotel accom????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 06:28