We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

sydney
Level Contributor
17 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

Hi All,

I've been to Bali before, in December 04, but now we're heading back for a honeymoon!

I liked Jimbaran Bay for a romantic night, but is there any other nice, romantic places to eat? We obviously don't mind paying a bit more than usual in Bali, seeing food is so cheap and all, so a nice, classy place, maybe on a beach?, would be fab.

Any ideas?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

Hi Miss blonde - congratulations on your coming marriage - Bali is a great choice for a honeymoon. My suggestion for a romantic dinner on the beach would be La Lucciola In Seminyak. the location is truly stunning.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

I totally agree with ilab on La Lucciola...it's Italian though. I wanted to take some friends there on their first trip to Bali but they didn't want Italian!!!

Congrats on your honeymoon/wedding! :-)

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

Hi Jade_du

Do you really think it is Italian? The name is but I don't think there are many Italian dishes on the menu - eg stuffed zucchini flowers (Italian!), salt and pepper calamari, chorizo and prawn salad are a few of the entrees I can think of offhand. True, there is a risotto dish and a couple of pasts dishes but I would call it Modern Australian/International food really?

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

I also wouldn't mind doing a romantic dinner and have read a bit about this La lucciola (sp). We are staying for a few minghts in Seminyak so it could be good. Can anyone give a rough idea of prices? (hope you don't mind me asking this question on your post missblonde20).

Thanks,

Njay

Melbourne
Level Contributor
118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

La L is nice but so SO expensive. For the price of a dinner for 2 there, you could have a really romantic overnight stoppover at Lembongan island (Coconuts resort). Great food, super views, and a room fit for a true honeymoon.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

Hi ilab,

I'm not a foodie and I don't know what constitutes Australian/International food...to me, they serve the same kind of food we have in Italian restaurants back here in Singapore! While I have been to Italy, I'm not a real foodie, so I can't say for sure what is and isn't Italian! ;-P

When I took my friends there though, they took one look at the menu and said, "Italian" and they didn't want to go there! My husband and I like the food there though!

Another time, a long time ago, I went to Gado Gado, thinking I could have gado gado, but they didn't serve that dish and not even Indonesian food! LOL!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

I could recomend Kori in Kuta. My first visit there was for a wedding reception and we really enjoyed it. IN fact we now make it a speacial treat night out with out kids everytime I go. It is not overly expensive. My only complaint would be that it is open air and therefore no aircon. We love the chicken and sweetcorn soup so much even though it is so hot it is a must for us each time we go. I must say that is is 18 months since we were last there though. Even if you dont choose it for a special spluge night out it is still reasonable enough to make it a nice night. Last time I think the mains were around 140,000 rp for a main. Comaparable to oz.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

hey missblonde,

congrats on the hitching!

I have two suggestions. 1). I have eaten at and think is supurb. Ku De Ta is the name. It's in Seminyak and its just fantastic. Check it out on the internet. It is a place "to be seen" prices are high but the meal i had i thought quality was very good. Ambience is fantastic, and atmosphere is great also. On weekends it would be ALOT busier, so try a weekday.

2). I havn't eaten here, but i will be taking my partner here for dinner on her B-day in March when we go in 2 weeks!!! It is called Sarong. Also in Seminyak. This is a fairly new place, but what i have read and seen about this restaurant, it sounds MAGNIFICENT. It has private dining rooms, which i think for a romantic dinner would be fantastic. Again prices are quite high, but for an occasion i think money is no object. It is chefed by an Australian chef with a very well known profile in Bali. It is all asian foods, but check the website out and look at the menus, just SPECTACULAR!

I have heard La Lucciola is good also. Italian name, and they call themselves Italian, but not many Italian dishes there. More of a Modern menu.

As you mentioned Jimbaran Bay is good also, i have heard these days prices are soaring as it is now a "tourist" spot, so they no they will get the $$$$. I read that Sanur beachfront restaurants are just as good as Jimbaran bay, with same selection of seafood but at half the cost. Also the sunset is just as good if not better than Jimbaran.

Buz_JEd

sydney
Level Contributor
17 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

Wow thanks everyone, sounds great and yes I have heard of La Lucciola (I forget the spelling) so many times so I should check it out...we stayed in Seminyak last time and I think I saw that place, if it's the one on the beach?

Thanks again!!!

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Honeymoon Dinner

Yes, La Lucciola is the one right on the beach - the setting is pretty hard to beat or a romantic one. It is a spectacular restaurant and always impresses.

Sarong is a great restaurant too but not on the beach. Will Meyrick is one of the 4 owners and the chef there. He used to work at Blossom restaurant at Sentosa and Husk at the Sofitel and also at Jimmy liks and Long Grain in Sydney years ago. The food is Thai/Indian/Asian (!) and is quite spicy, but really delicious. The decor is magnificent and it is certainly a romantic place to dine but is not at all on the beach, if that is what you want.