We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chemists in Kuta/Tuban.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
chemists in Kuta/Tuban.

Just wanted to see if it would be worth my while doing up a medical kit with anitbiotics ect before I go or just get it over there if needed. Can you readily get medicine over the counter as in Thailand? Is it more expensive than here in Aus? Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chemists in Kuta/Tuban.

It's cheaper to get everything in Bali. Most drugs that you may need are available over the counter, if you need them.

Chemists are easy to find and plentiful. There is one in Poppies Lane II.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: chemists in Kuta/Tuban.

Hi coxie

? why do you want to take antibiotics.(unless you are taking them for an infection or the flu prior to your trip)or can foresee something! I would take a box of 'Ease a Cold' or Cold/Flu tabs containing Zinc, Echinacea, vitamin C,garlic to ward off a 'cold' before it develops as you will feel lousy in Bali with a head cold, trust me!

You can buy most things at the chemists in Bali,the pharmacists are very helpful.

There is an chemist in the Discovery Mall, ground floor just past the ecalators.

There is a chemist inside Carrefour (large supermarket on Sunset Rd) and on Legian St. Down Poppies Lanes.A couple just outside Bintang Supermarket(carpark)(the one just by the post office the pharmacist is very good)on Jl Seminyak.You can buy bandaids(cheap),hypafix/ultrafax for 25,000rup(around $3.00)5cmx5cm it's like a bandaid in a roll and good to cover wounds/blisters as you can shower/swim with it on, just change it when it gets grubby and rolls up at the sides.

Betadine 12,400rup(under $2.00)30ml bottle.

Panadol(for headache/cold/flu)sold in blister packs of about 10/12.(around $1 or $2 )

Drops for ear ache/infections etc, etc.

I'd probably take Nurofen or Advil or Panadeine Forte if you suffer bad headaches as i've yet to find something in Bali to knock over a 'bad' headache/migraine.Also take from home the gel/liquid hand wash.

Any 'serious' medical issues head to one of the Medical Clinics or get your hotel reception to call a Dr.

Just remember 'weight' as all these things mount up and can add to your check in weight.

Cheers

Burns

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bintang Supermarket Seminyak
Bintang Supermarket...
685 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chemists in Kuta/Tuban.

Chemists for tourists are starting to spring up in Kuta/Legian. They cater for tourists with goods and prices.

Go to "Apotic" which is Indonesian for chemist. The chemists can supply just about anything you need. They have the proper books that show the medical name of drugs, what's in them and side affects (in case you don't know the brand. Cheap.

I don't get prescription drugs but stock up on cold and flu tablets, strong pain stuff etc to bring home.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
694 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chemists in Kuta/Tuban.

thanks you guys are great. I am only worried in case my little one gets sick, she's 1. There's somethings that they can't have at any early age and liquid anitbiotics are the only ones she can have.

We are staying at the Dynasty so the chemist at Discovery sounds great.

5. Re: chemists in Kuta/Tuban.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 17:26