We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

VISA ON ARRIVAL

On arrival at Denpasar's Ngurah Rai Airport you will leave the plane and head to the immigration hall. Once there, you will see 2 cubicles on either side of the hall with the sign Visa on Arrival (VOA). Line up at one of the queues to purchase your visas.

For a stay of 1 to 7 (calander) days the VOA will be $10 USD. For a stay of 8 to 30 days the VOA will cost $25 USD. Your length of stay is taken very seriously so ensure you are purchasing the correct VOA. For stays of longer than 30 days, a 60 day visa needs to be obtained prior to leaving your country.

It is possible to pay for your visa in any other major currency and your change will be given to you in rupiah. If you choose not to pay in USD though, be aware that you are at the mercy of both a currency conversion to your currency and then another conversion of the change into rupiah. Credit cards are NOT accepted.

With your visa in hand proceed to the next bank of queues and when asked to come forward present your passport, VOA and Immigration Card (given out on the plane). You will be required to present these to 2 separate immigration officials.

Proceed from here into the baggage claim area, get your luggage and proceed through the customs area with your customs card (given out on the plane as well) ready for inspection.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR VOA?

Residents of certain countries are not required to purchase a VOA. Residents of certain other countries are not eligible for VOA and must apply for a visa through their Indonesian Consulate.

To find out which category you fall into please see the link below:

www.baliguide.com/visa_regulations.html

DEPARTURE TAX

There is a departure tax of 150,000 IDR per person, payable on departure from Indonesia. This tax is payable in rupiah only. It is paid after check-in and before you pass through immigration.

CATCHING A TAXI FROM THE AIRPORT

When you exit the terminal turn to your right and you will find the taxi booth. All taxi fares out of the airport are set price, posted on a notice board inside the booth. Tell the staff behind the counter where you are going, pay them the money and you will be given a slip of paper. Within a matter of seconds, your taxi driver will find you, help you with your luggage and take you to his taxi.

HAVE A WONDERFUL STAY IN BALI.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Okay, rip it apart and rewrite it before we add it as a sticky.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

VISA ON ARRIVAL

On arrival at Denpasar's Ngurah Rai Airport you will leave the plane and head to the immigration hall. Once there, you will see 2 cubicles on either side of the hall with the sign Visa on Arrival (VOA). Line up at one of the queues to purchase your visas.

For a stay of 1 to 7 (calander) days the VOA will be $10 USD. For a stay of 8 to 30 days the VOA will cost $25 USD. Your length of stay is taken very seriously so ensure you are purchasing the correct VOA. For stays of longer than 30 days, a 60 day visa needs to be obtained prior to leaving your country.

It is possible to pay for your visa in any other major currency and your change will be given to you in rupiah. If you choose not to pay in USD though, be aware that you are at the mercy of both a currency conversion to your currency and then another conversion of the change into rupiah. Credit cards are NOT accepted.

With your visa in hand proceed to the next bank of queues and when asked to come forward present your passport, VOA and Immigration Card (given out on the plane). You will be required to present these to 2 separate immigration officials.

Proceed from here into the baggage claim area, get your luggage and proceed through the customs area with your customs card (given out on the plane as well) ready for inspection.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR VOA?

Residents of certain countries are not required to purchase a VOA. Residents of certain other countries are not eligible for VOA and must apply for a visa through their Indonesian Consulate.

To find out which category you fall into please see the link below:

www.baliguide.com/visa_regulations.html

DEPARTURE TAX

There is a departure tax of 150,000 IDR per person, payable on departure from Indonesia. This tax is payable in rupiah only. It is paid after check-in and before you pass through immigration.

CATCHING A TAXI FROM THE AIRPORT

When you exit the terminal turn to your right and you will find the taxi booth. All taxi fares out of the airport are set price, posted on a notice board inside the booth. Tell the staff behind the counter where you are going, pay them the money and you will be given a slip of paper. Within a matter of seconds, your taxi driver will find you, help you with your luggage and take you to his taxi.

For the current taxi rates see this link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k253…

HAVE A WONDERFUL STAY IN BALI.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Excellent Whinnie, although I have never had a problem NOT paying in US so i don't think I would add the warning.

It is something that can be discussed as a personal opinion.:)

maybe add that children pay VOA but do not pay Dept Tax if under 2 years. :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Excellent Whinnie!

Would it be worthwhile to remind travellers to retain the half of the form that is given back by Immigration?

It is needed on departure. For the life of me, I cannot think of the name of the form!!!! (doh)

wendy

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,177 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Just one suggestion:

With your visa in hand proceed to the next bank of queues and when asked to come forward present your passport, VOA and Immigration Card (given out on the plane or in your port of embarkation). You will be required to present these to 2 separate immigration officials.

Otherwise, really excellent idea. Are you mentioning the drivers list on here also?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

thanks for that, I will edit as advised, and I actually did start to put in about the departure card but I got too long winded. Will rethink it and put it in as it is important.

Keep suggestions coming.

Heusden-Zolder...
Level Contributor
145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Whinnie, great idea. Just to be complete, maybe you could add the possibility on VIP arrival in the text as the procedure is different in that case.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Actually it was Battling's idea, she is the bright spark amongst us.

I did think about the VIP VOA but thought that that would make it a bit complicated. I assumed that if you wanted to know about VIP VOA that you already had a good grasp of the the VOA experience.

My idea of the brief was "make it simple, stupid". LOL. No rudeness intended.

What does everyone else think of this?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Noodles I thought the driver 1 should be a seperate sticky, or is that too much. I was worried that including it all in 1 sticky would confuse rather then enlighten.

But it's up to you all. Democracy is my middle name. State your preferences. LOL.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,177 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa on Arrival, Departure Tax, Taxi from the Airport.

Not sure I agree about the VIP service, where do you draw the line? Do you start to mention the porter service, and the Black Canyon Coffee Shop outside the arrivals area (excellent coffee BTW), and which of the money changing booths after the customs check do you use. I think it needs to be short and snappy, keep it to a minimum but keep it relevant and informative.

Maybe for the drivers sticky have it on it's own, although I worry about the forum becoming too cluttered with too many stickys. Less is more.

Can we call you "demo" for short?