We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only have 7 days?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
Only have 7 days?

Hi All,

Just want to know if 7 days will be long enough to explore bali see most tourist sights and beable to relax as well. We are going in may.

many thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only have 7 days?

You will probably be pushing it, but it is possible. Plan your time well, visit only the must see tourist spots, a bit of shopping and a bit of relaxation.

What area are you thinking of staying in?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Only have 7 days?

we are staying at Novotel Nusa Dua

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,915 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only have 7 days?

7 days is really not long enough. 2 weeks would be much better and split your time between a couple of areas. nusa dua is nice but you could truly be anywhere in the world. places like sanur, ubud and seminyak are areas where you are surrounded by local happenings, shops and restaurants. once you have paid your airfare you might as well stay longer IF you can. you will find a lot of things to occupy your time. apart from the more expensive hotels there are some lovely cheaper options and food, shopping, taxis, spa treatments, drivers are so cheap over there, just a fraction of what we are used to paying. even after 3 weeks i could easily stay longer.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,915 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only have 7 days?

ps i notice you live just up the road from me!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only have 7 days?

I was in a bit of a hurry last night so sorry for my short reply.

Our very first trip to Bali was only for 6 nights. Now a trip that short would be completely out of the question. We still do new and different things every time we go.

If a week is all you can do, it will give you an overview of Bali only. It will be enough to work out if you love it or not, and whether you are coming back to see more.

Agree with Snooky about Nusa Dua. If you want to experience a bit more "Bali" try to stay in a different area as Snooky suggests. If you want to stay relaxing beside the pool most of the time, then stay in Nusa Dua.

In a 7 day itinery you would have time to touch the sides only, especially if you want relaxation time too. In our first 6 days we got about half a day all up to relax. We were swimming in the resort pool at 8.00pm every night as we were on the go all day.

Must sees and do's would be these,

1 full day tour- Tanah Lot, rice terraces on the way to Lake Beratan and Ulun Danu (Lake temple), lunch, local markets, maybe visit the wild monkeys on the side of the highway.

Another full day in Ubud to visit the Markets, Monkey Forest, wander arounf Ubud, lunch, maybe visit some the the arts and crafts villages surrounding Ubud.

Half day drive south to see Uluwatu and the surf beaches, maybe combined with the Kecak dances after dark so you can see a sunset as well.

Another day explore around Lake Batur and the volcanoes.

As you can see, that is half your trip gone. There is still shopping and exploring Kuta, Discovery Mall, Matahari Department store, Poppies Lanes I and II, Markets in or near Kuta. And of course relaxing as well.

I've only listed what I consider to be the must do's, there is so much more. For an idea, there is a sticky post on page 1 of this forum called "Things to do in Bali".

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Only have 7 days?

Thanks for the info...

Do you think its better to do Tour's or get our own driver? to show us the same sights?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only have 7 days?

Personally, I would get a driver. It gives you more freedom. You don't have to wait for a group if you are somewhere that doesn't really interest you or you can stay as long as you like if something really interests you. Also with a good driver you won't have to visit all the local touristy shops full of the same stuff.

A good driver/guide will probably give you more info on what you are seeing/visiting as well.

8. Re: Only have 7 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2009, 06:45