We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magical Michi in Ubud

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Magical Michi in Ubud

During my visits to Bali, although I spend most of my time in the beautiful Amed area, I always like to spend some time in Ubud too. It has such a special charm and such an eclectic mix of people, good shops, spas, art galleries and restaurants.

My latest "find" in Ubud, is Michi Retreat. You dont have to be 'on retreat' to enjoy staying there!!

For me, my daughter and my friend, it was a truly wonderful experience. I have written the review below!

I guess you only need to read the titles to the earlier reviews of Michi to realise that this place is something special, something different, something unique. A place that touches the heart, the soul and the senses.

Paradise retreat. Heavenly Michi. Best Kept Secret. Delightful Global Wonderland. Truly Unique Find. Artistic and Spiritual Paradise. Wonderful experience, Views, creativity and gracious host and so on!!

I have to thank the T/A reviews [and the gods] which led me to find this magical place!!

I have stayed in quite a number of different hotels in Ubud over the years I have been travelling to Bali.

Michi will be my Ubud home on my next trips for sure.

We stayed in the Mekong Suite. It was spacious and beautiful with glorious views..

We took a tour of the property.. it took approx 2 hours to take it all in. The attention to detail is astounding. Im still wondering which room to choose next time!!

Read the previous reviews.

There is not much I can add that has not been said.

Michi is something very different. It is not for everybody.

But if you want to experience a unique and magical place in Ubud, I cant reccomend it highly enough

Someone mentioned the "Gracious Host". He is truly gracious and delightful.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

sounds like a great place. will add to my list. thanxs.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

Had a look at the website, some of the rooms look truly amazing. Hopefully I'll have time to visit when I'm in Ubud next August. Thanks kabirgirl for your recommendation

San Francisco
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

I have to say, Michi is rather special, a mix of beauty and nature , so I am heading back this July for the third time with my family in tow.

If you are artistic, you will adore Michi, it is an artwork in progress, the detail amazing. It is unique so not for every taste and really best kept a secret !

Australia
Level Contributor
863 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

It looks as though we might have to cancel our current booking for our Ubud hotel after seeing the reviews on this place.

Which room should we ask for?

Australia
Level Contributor
863 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

O and how can we get the best price?

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

Well maybe Balisun is right and Michi should be kept a secret!!

So please only share the secret with people who will appreciate the unique splendour of the place!!

To get the best price?? I guess email them directly and ask.

The best room?? Difficult to answer. But if you want just one room, maybe the Japanese room or the Art deco room.

We stayed in the Mekong suite, which was actually 2 rooms and very lovely

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

Ah, but isn't that the trouble with recommending a fantastic place? I remember when the Kumala Pantai was a brilliant place for singles or childless couples, but too much raving and it got too popular and expanded from a quaint boutique hotel to a large family hotel.

Let's hope Michi doesn't take off tooooo much .:) :)

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

hahahahahahahahaha

when i first read the title of your post , i thought you were intently mispelling the 2nd word ...

I thought you were going to ask where you can get magic mushys ....hahahahahahahahahaha

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

Funny you should say that Batt.

A lot of the design/architecture at Michi, reminded me of Gaudi. He was a great nature lover and his amazing creations do seem to be inspired by an "altered" state of mind!!

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magical Michi in Ubud

i wonder if michi means mushy ...lmao