We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for trevelling with bubs

Perth
Level Contributor
140 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for trevelling with bubs

HI,

Just returned from 10 fantastic days in Bali - cant wait to go back

Had a couple of hiccups so wanted to let others know

Carrefor no longer sells baby food (jar/can baby food)

Bintang Supermarket in Seminyak sells a very limited supply of heinz. All they had was sweet potato and custard.Luckily I had taken some raffertys from home

The huggies nappies are 1/3 of the quality ok for day no good for night

I could not find good wipes. I purchased 3 different brands and the quality was terrible. Trying to find ones which were perfume free was impossible

Prams/Strollers - we took our single stroller for our 2 year old and purchased a 2nd at Carrefor for our 9mth old.

Big mistake the quality of the strollers there is terrible. The cheapest we could find was AUD$65.

None of the srollers/prams have 5 point harness

The wheels are small and cheap quality (even the prams over aud$100 had small crap wheels)

so trying to push them on rocky pavement through pot holes etc was a nightmare - pay the extra baggage and take your own

The cot at the hotel did not have a mattress just like a vinyl padded cover over the base so it was rock hard. Take a sheepskin or soft bedding just in case

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great holiday

Ness

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for trevelling with bubs

I know the huggies aren't the quality of aussie ones, but at carefor there is a huge range on nappies. they had plenty of formulas to chooose from as well. as for the baby jars, don't go there personally. i feel there are plenty of things you can feed your child without resorting to the bland glug.

if you want a pram definatley take one from home that has pump up tyres - a 3 wheel walking stroller. I used that new path along the beach from kuta to tuban. beats the crappy footpath.

Wipes I found the cussons ones were ok, I mean they did the job.

Cots at the Dynasty Resort was fine. I was glad that I did pack some of her flannelette wraps though as the a/c could get cold at night.

2. Re: Tips for trevelling with bubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 05:23