We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Snorkelling tour question....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Another Snorkelling tour question....

I am coming to Bali in early September and am staying at Tanjong Benoa. I am looking at going on a snorkelling tour. I have done a search and discovered a few.

For those of you who have spent time in Phuket - what I am after is a company similar to Phuket Sail Tours or Simba Sea Trips where you get more indiviualised attention.

Can anyone please give me some guidance

thanks

Chrissy

Adventure Scuba Diving Bali
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Private Tours, Day Trips
Euro Dive Bali
Scuba & Snorkeling
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Snorkelling tour question....

Most companies have their offices in Denpasar but the hotels will be able to organise a tour.

Freestyle Bali is good otherwise just get a driver and go to Tulamben, Lipah beach etc. You can snorkel directly from the beach and don't need a boat.

A good driver will know all the good spots and you are not locked into times.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Snorkelling tour question....

Thank you Linda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Snorkelling tour question....

Spent an amazing day in Amed, snorkeling last Wednesday. I have only snorkeled once before, 24 years ago on my honeymoon, and was amazed how quickly I picked it back up again.

As Linda says, just hire a good driver. Ask him to take you to the Japanese ship wreck, he will know where it is. Start there. The hardest part of that dive is actually getting into the water as the "beach" is all volcanic rock. Once you are in the water be prepared to be amazed.

We had lunch at a small local warung called "Indah" and the owner told us about another coral formation developing on the frame of a sunken boat, almost straight in front of his restaurant. Another, really easy access dive straight off the beach (sand this time). Not as big, but great fish life for a small developing coral growth.

You can also hire a local fishing boat to take you out as well.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Snorkelling tour question....

Yes Amed is certainly a fabulous place for snorkling.

Lipah bay. Lean Beach, close to Life in Amed and Selang beach in front of Good Karma are wonderful. These 3 beaches are sandy and it is easy to get into the water.

It is worth the extra effort[ stoney beach] to go and view the small Japanese wreck st Banyuning.

I have heard that Menjangan Island in north west Bali, is also amazing for snorkling. But you have to take a boat trip to get there.

5. Re: Another Snorkelling tour question....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 05:25