We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentists in Bali time frames

townsville
8 posts
Save Topic
Dentists in Bali time frames

Does anyone know the time frame eg. haw many visits would be required for veneers/crowns in Bali. I am going in September, but only for 8 days. I am hoping to get work done but not due if that will be long enough?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Hi,

The dentist we visited needed 7 days for veneers tobe made, only 2 visit's. 1st is a consultation and 2nd to apply your new pearlers..

If you go the day after you arrive,should have enough time.

If you need a dentist let me know i can forward details of a good one in Denpasar.

Cheers

townsville
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Hi, thanks, I have read many posts about the dentists but have not yet made up my mind. I would appreciate any details. Due to the time frame I am hoping I can contact them and make an appointment for the 1st day I am there. Do you know the prices? Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

I just had a quote for my porceilan veneers replaced here is Aus yesterday, a whopping $2200 for 2. Out of interest how much should this cost roughly in Bali.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Hi,

Here are some details:

You can e-mail for an appointment, they will give an appointment to checkout what you need done and a quote that cost only 100,000rp about $12au.

Email:sucipto_angga@yahoo.com

ph:62-0361-222541

From memory only i think veneers are $450au per tooth, they will give you prices when you ask so double check as i was in "holiday mode".

Dr sucipto and Dr haris very popular with expats.

Hope that helps

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Hi happytravels067

Prices quoted are from last year(July)from Dr Rudy and i also contacted Dr Sucipto,from memory his prices were similar.

Porcelain Crown 2.500.000rup

Root Canal Treatment 1.400.000rup

Porcelain & Root Canal 3.000.000rup

Consult and X ray 150,000rup

Cheers

Burns

townsville
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Hi Thanks for the info. Looks like I will need to take a second trip !!

Queensland
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Don't know if you have already been to Bali but I went to Lombok and Bali back in August 2004, broke half my tooth off on Lombok. When we got back to Bali went to BIMC for an ear infection and asked if they could recommend a dentist. They recommended a dentist who was just around the corner from them so I made an appt. with great trepidation but I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. When I got there the place was modern, clean and professional. They had better equipment and technology than back in Australia. I think I went to see him on a Monday and he did the root canal treatment and a temporary crown, and I went back on the Friday to have it fitted. The procedure was painless and easy. Trouble is I can't remember his name, maybe Dr Made Suthanaya in Denpasar (I think someone else has mentioned he was recommended by BIMC)

Someone else might be able to help out with his name.

The cost for RCT and crown was approx. $490 AUD and I was able to claim it on my travel insurance!! I have since been to Bangkok to have 6 crowns done at a cost of approx. $3000 AUD and am heading to Kuala Lumpur to have some work done.

gold coast
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Hi im going over to bali in may, i have made an appointment with dr Rudy as i heard he is good...i will be needing tooth implant and possibly a crown plus a freshen up of some old fillings.. have you heard of him and who else would you recommend? Thanks Sue

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,323 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Hi Sue and welcome to the Bali forum. You'd be best off posting your question as a new topic rather than resurrect this topic from June last year, but before you consider that, if you do a search using the search window for "Dr Rudy", you'll find quite a few previous topics about dentists, such as this one from September:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k2…

gold coast
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dentists in Bali time frames

Hi im going over to bali in may, i have made an appointment with dr Rudy as i heard he is good...i will be needing tooth implant and possibly a crown plus a freshen up of some old fillings.. have you heard of him and who else would you recommend? Thanks Sue