We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

If you are guilty of touting yourself on this forum and on the TA driver list, this is a message for you.

The 9 Destination Experts and all our REGULAR contributors will, in the very near future, be making up a new TA Driver's List. This list will be unable to be added to by anyone other than those that are genuine travelers and/or regular contributors and trusted members of this forum. In addition this list will be controlled by genuine forum members and any attempts to add yourself will be deleted and reported.

We are angry that you people are using our forum to promote yourselves and often sabotaging the listings of the many, worthy drivers who have been added to our list by the correct method (recommendation by the traveling public).

Our new list will be compiled by the regulars to this forum and will only include those drivers who we know and trust and have multiple recommendations by genuine travelers.

In other words, you will have to EARN your way onto this list by proving yourself as an honest, reliable, safe and trustworthy driver.

For any of our regular/genuine forum members, please PM me with your driver recommendations so I can start compiling our new list. There is another thread at the moment started by Frangipanigirl where you express your opinion about the format, content and control of our new list.

I don't usually get angry on this forum, this is my HAPPY place (those of you that know me, know this), but I am getting really upset by the amount of my time these touts are wasting. We all contribute to this forum as volunteers and we don't need our time wasted any more by these people.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

hooooooooooooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to that whinnie

Finally a post that can't be changed by these touts !

Thanks to everyone for finally doing it .

cheers

batt

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

I think I've started something!! lol

New Zealand
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

Great to see you are doing this :) We are off to Bali for our 10th time next month and look forward to catching up with our driver once again.

I enjoy reading all your postings :)

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

WAaaayyyyyy to go Whinnie....must be post Baliitis this getting cranky with people messing with my Happy place.

Red

Newcastle, NSW
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

Hi Whinnie

I agree it's high time that something was done to sort this issue out. I know from personal experience that drivers in Bali place a high importance on where they are on "The Bali Driver's List" on TA.

I have also noticed that a few touts have been on a couple of the other Bali forums as well but usually only in response to a question. I have no real issue with this except that the recommendations are specifically required to be from travellers, not the drivers themselves.

It is a great thing to have the resource of a list to some extent as a way of members obtaining information about a particular driver.

TA Bali Forum is a busy, high profile one. I wanted to acknowledge that it's the dedicated people like yourself and the other experts who commit to making it more user friendly that are to be applauded.

HB x

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

Thanks for the support everyone. I don't want to come off as a cranky old u know what, I just want all our lives to be easier.

The games that are being played by these "drivers" on the TA list are mean spirited and just plain cruel. It needs to be bought to an end. As I said to someone today, it's like trying to tame 100 pre-schoolers who have all had a glass of red cordial.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

GREAT POST. Let me know what else I can do. I'll PM you the regular drivers that I use.

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
425 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

Good on you Whinnie this deserves to stay at the top of the topics.

Bill

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

Sent you a PM. Since you edited the list today it has been edited again. All that remains is a review for Dewa Marco ...no list of drivers....all gone!! Not sure how to get your version back on top.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Message to all the DRIVER TOUTS

Whinnie, if you need more info on the driver that didn't show up at the aiport for us, or the driver with the 27-year old minibus, feel free to PM me! :):):)

Seriously, it's great what you plan to do. We have "touters" on the Hawaii Forum too and I don't think TA does enough to control them even after being reported.