We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Third stop in Bali trip : advice please

london
Level Contributor
941 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Third stop in Bali trip : advice please

Hi there

I am planning a 17 night trip to Bali in March 2010, unfortunatly my fellow travel-mad hubby will be unable to get away at the same time so it will be a solo trip.

My main interest is scuba diving followed closely by rafting, trecking , yoga, horseriding and just being outside in the sun after winter in the Northern hemisphere. Am planning 6 nights in Ubud for outdoors and culture followed by 7 nights on the Gilis for diving and beach life.

Am not sure what to do for the last four nights: am drawn to either Amend (? Alam Anda )or Lovina 9 ? Zen Lovina) for diving.

Any recommendations ?

Many thanks in advance

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Third stop in Bali trip : advice please

Both Zen Spa retreat and Alamanda are lovely places.. but both are quite isolated.

Alamanda is on the beach half way between Amed and Lovina. It is set in large gardens and is primarily a divers resort.. however they drive you to places like Amed & Tulamben for diving.

Zen Spa Retreat is on the western side of Lovina [30mins drive i think] set about 1 km from the beach. They do have good dive packages, but their main focus is Aruvedic healing. They have lovely gardens,nice rooms, a great restaurant and good views.

If you are into Aruvedic healing, they are very good!

You might consider staying in the Amed area, where there is a great choice of accomodation and restaurants. There are also some good dive schools and great dive spots. The Liberty wreck at Tulamben is just 20 mins drive away.

london
Level Contributor
941 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Third stop in Bali trip : advice please

Thanks so much for this , I will re-consider staying in too isolated places.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Third stop in Bali trip : advice please

assuming you are returning to bali from gili by fast boat perama. i would suggest the gili cat as it goes to padangbai. padangbai is a nice spot for a few days with things to do, good food and accom. from there amed would be my recommendation for diving as it isn't very far from padangabi and there is some great sceney along the way either by the coast or inland via tirta gangga

Link to padangbai for more info/photos

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294226-d1…

london
Level Contributor
941 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Third stop in Bali trip : advice please

Many thanks again to all for such excellent replies !

5. Re: Third stop in Bali trip : advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 05:16