We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinerary

Manchester UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Help with Itinerary

We are a party of six travelling to Bali for 15 nights in late July (we need three rooms).

We have booked eight nights in Sanur but have yet to finalise our itinerary for the final seven nights. We thought of going over to Komodo but have discounted this idea and need some help.

Whilst in Sanur we will take the opportunity to dive around Nusa Penida and thought an option would be to travel to Amed and Pemuteran to take the opportunity to dive the Liberty wreck and Menjangen Island.

Only two of us are serious divers so we need other outlets to escape the pool / beach at the end of the day for the others. External restaurants normally prove satisfactory.

Is this a good plan:

Sanur - Amed - leave 11.00 ish arrive Amed lunchtime book 3 nights accommodation. 2 days diving then leave 11.00 ish for Pemuteran.

Amed - Pemuteran - leave 11.00 ish arrive lunchtime book three nights accommodation - 2 days diving then leave 11.00 ish for Sanur / Kuta.

Final night in Sanur / Kuta.

Big questions:

Where should we stay and are there any recommendations?

Will we be able to find external restuarants around accommodation in Amed and Pemuteran

Is it easy to book transport between these locations

Is the plan too ambitious would it be more sensible to focus on Candi Dasa and Amed for example.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Rosieandme.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Itinerary

Sorry it was so long to get a response. We must all have missed this one.

Transport between areas is Bali is easy to arrange, where ever you are you can find drivers only too willing to take you where you want to go.

Your plan isn't too ambitious. Food in Permuteran can be a bit more expensive than say, Amed. Your non-diving friends would be able to do day trips around the area if they find Permuteran too quiet.

What sort of budget are you on for the accommodation?

Manchester UK
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Itinerary

Hi Whinnie

Thank you for your reply.

Our buget is around $US75 - $US100 per room per night. Depending on availability this will either be 3 rooms or if necessary we could manage with two as our youngest are 15 and 13 but do like their own space.

So far we have received some positive responses for accommodation in Amed but we are still at a loss for Pemuteran / Menjangan.

Is it posible to settle hotel bills in Rupiah rather than using credit cards?

Credit card companies are becoming a real pain with overseas transactions.

Many thanks

Rosieandme

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Itinerary

firstly, your travel times might be much longer than you have amed to pemuteran is about 3 hours. sanur to amed about 2 hours.

pemuteran accom but there is a lot more:

Adi assri beach cottages

0362 94838

Us$ 48 60 72 – 2009

550 000

www.adiassri.com

email sales@adiassri.com

link to adi assri hotel:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297699-d110139…

snorkel trip - not the cheapest but fast and realiable.

www.searovers.net

jubawa homestay

MOBILE +62 8124652542

220 000 air con

no pool, internet cafe

access to beach via vacant lot across the road and next to matahari beach resort.

things to do in pemuteran area:

Taman Nasional Bali Barat - walk

Teluk terima - Makam jayaprana - temple on hill with great views; short nature trek with guide from park headquarters.

Palau Menjangan island – several snorkel spots, best is anchor wreck - boat from labuhan lalang, last boat 11am, basic accom here.

Banyuwedang – little west – hot springs exposed with tides

Pemuteran – white sand beach, coral reefs and fish. Turtle hatchery – donation to release turtle. Sunset and sunrise cruises. horse treks to beach and villages 2 hours 290 000 rps (pemuteran stables 0362 92339and umalas stables 0361731402)

Pura melanting – temple in foothills

Pulaki – grape vines

Pura pulaki - 5 km east – coast cliff temple with monkeys.

Pantai gondola – east – white sand beach - snorkelling undeveloped. Sewerage works and little white sand 2009

Celukanbawang – port

Air panas banjar – hotsprings with gardens and restaurant (closed). Best mornings or evenings. 3 000 entry close at 6 pm

Pondok wisata gray sari – organize treks to countryside

Brahma vihara arama – Buddhist monestry – donation. Continue further up road to pedewa – aga village

walk along the beach at pemuteran for other restaurants.

transport can organised easier at each venue. the hotel you stay at will organise it for you.

i think you have a good plan. you may wish to think which way to get from amed to pemuteran. i recommend the inland way - much more scenic than the coastal route

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Itinerary

As for paying in rupiah......In Amed at least most small places don't have credit card facilities and there are no ATM's in Amed, so you have to pay in rupiah (or sometimes they accept euro). There are money changers, so make sure you have enough cash, in whatever currency to last you.

Check with the hotel when you book. I have just booked for January in Amed and on the confirmation they were very clear about the payment in cash only.

hongkong
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Itinerary

Hi, we are just back from Pemuteran, stayed in Adi Assri. It fits your budget and still enjoys a very comfortable resort. Sea Rovers Dive (http://www.searovers.net/) has a dive centre in the resort, so it is convenient. My understanding is that they are relatively cheaper than other dive centres in resorts. But we just did snorkelling and found that it was too much for us, 35Euros + 5 Euros (gear) per person for snorkelling in Menjingan Island. We came across a licensed National Park guide Ari (081338718380) who is also a diver. He arranged pick-up and a big boat for our family of 4, charged us everything for US$100. That is only about half we need to pay Sea Rovers and you can dictate when and where to do what. Ari, speak very good English, would be able to give you advice.

I paid US$40 for one way between Airport and Pemuteran, driver Novi (pronounce Nobi)(085237127026). He provided a 7-people car (Susuki APV) for us 4, very good leg-room. You need to ask for something bigger for 6, you need more room for people + baggage. I think this company is reliable too (http://www.balirentcar.net/suzuki-apv.php).

I would bring all cash (rupiah) next time. Rate for money changing fluctuates and in remote areas such as Amed and Pemuteran, I wonder if local people is happy to receive Euro or US$. You may wish to top up you pocket from the ATM in Airport. Credit card in Adi Assri is fine but subject to 3% surcharge.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Itinerary

It is more that 2 weeks now since you posted this.

Hopefully you have sorted your plans

I think it is great to do Amed and Pemuteran

They are both quite special

It took almost 4 hours last time we did that trip!

The drive along the north coast is interesting enough but not spectacular as it is very flat; but it is still worth it.

It is wonderful to see the different sides of Bali.

End of July/to mid August is High Season. Would suggest, if you havent yet done so, that you secure accommodation before you go.Especially as you need 2 or 3 rooms

Other Suggestions for Pemuteran

Taman Selini and Taman Sari

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Itinerary

Sorry that I too missed your post.

I agree that Amed & Pemuteran are good choices.

Book your accommodation beforehand as both places will be very busy. I can send you a list of accomodation options for Amed if that will help? Also some suggested places to visit while you're in the area.

Sanur to Amed, 2+ hours

Amed to Pemuteran 4 hours by coast road which is fastest, so I'm told, but longer by inland roads although more scenic.

Adi Assri is booked up for some dates in August. I tried to book at easter but they couldn't do my dates. I've got in at Jubawa Homestay, more budget accomodation, rooms have fan or aircon, 300,000+ for room with aircon if i remember rightly but they don't have a pool.

Ursie

Manchester UK
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Itinerary

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice.

We have secured accomodation for Amed at Life in Amed but are still trying to finalise arrangements in Pemuteran.

As many predict, with it being high season, most resorts are fully booked.

We do have a potential offer at Menjangan Resort but have two issues a) it is very expensive b) they require copies of credit cards and passports e-mailing to Bali in advance?

This latter arrangement would appear to me to be financially reckless with the levels of internet fraud and sending this detail over a none secure link to strangers is very high risk.

Does anyone have experience of these arrangements or is able to offer advice?

Regards

Rosieandme

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Itinerary

If i remember rightly Menjangan Resort is not in Pemuteran.

It is a few kilometers away close to the famous dive/snorkling sites.

I could be wrong and it may not be important to you!!

Life in Amed is a great choice for your Amed accommodation

10. Re: Help with Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 05:16