We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

Hello to all, I don't post often but am an avid reader! Thanks in advance for your help.

I am looking for a venue, small hotel complex, or villas that has a common area/pavillion (for yoga/meditation practice) that could be utilised for a retreat a friend and I are organising for March 2010.

I have done a fair bit of research and many of the designated Yoga retreat centres are quite expensive. This retreat is a not for profit retreat, for up to 15 participants.

Therefore I need a space big enough for 15 people to do yoga.

The hotel/villa complex would need to have 12 rooms to allow for some single accommodation and some share.

I will be in Bali in August running a similar retreat, but on a smaller scale, and the venue I have picked will not be big enough for next years vision. I can check out any suggestions then if any of you have suggested places that dn't have websites.

Again thankyou, this is a fantastic forum, very informative and friendly :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

Have a look at Michi retreat in Ubud...

I think it may be perfect for you.

Another suggestion is in beautiful East Bali

Dancing Dragon Cottages in Amed, have a wonderful round hall which would fit 15 for yoga. It is used for feng shui workshops amongst other things.

They also have rooms to rent.

If you are on a tight budget, you may be able to rent the hall, but stay in cheaper accomodation.

Puri Wirata, Wawa Wewe 2, Double 1 bungalows and Waenis [with stunning sunset view] are all within a few minutes walk.

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

Kabirgirl, thanks for your suggestions, I agree Michi would be perfect, just a bit over budget for us, looking into the Dancing Dragon option. Thanks for your quick reply :)

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

I recall someone sending a post about a yoga place in seminyak really reasonably priced. It has a big yoga pavillion and the rooms are individual bungalows set out like a typical balinese village. Its called Desa Seni. View reviews here on trip advisor.. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g311298-d677173… plenty of photos too and although the photos dont look that great the reviews are tremendous.

try also.. http://www.theyogabarn.com/ in ubud

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

Desa Seni is a really beautiful place... and not just for yoga lovers.!!!

The rooms are gorgeous old Indonesian wooden jogolo houses.. lovingly restored and fitted out.

Food is mostly organic and absolutely delicious

However it is by no means cheap.

I think the villas/rooms start at $US130/night

So if Michi Retreat is out of your budget, Desa Seni wont work for you.

Did you email Michi?.. Id say they may do you a deal.

We got a good discount when we stayed in April.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

this link has better pics of desa seni tablethotels.com/Desa-Seni-Hotel/…

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

Thanks for your suggestions. I will email Michi and visit there in August and see what we can negotiate. I had loved their website when I explored it awhile ago so you have inspired me to visit and see what they can offer.

thanks so much

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

If you havent been to Michi.. you should definitely check it out. It is a magic place.

Check out the reviews [including mine] on Tripadvisor.

If I was running a yoga group or any kind of retreat/workshop, it would definitely be my choice.

Bentley
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

What about Bali Mountain Retreat? It seems all different types of retreats are held there, including yoga.

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

Did you try the Bali Spirit website?

http://www.balispirit.com/

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yoga space for a retreat anywhere in Bali

in banjar, near Lovina there is a buddhist temple with many areas designed for mediatation and yogain a tranquil atmosphere. i dont know contact details but here is the name. it may suit your purposes. there is a hot springs complex ten minutes drive away.

this link has more details and photos on the place.

Brahma Vihara Arama – Buddhist monestry – entry by donation.

…blogspot.com/2009/07/brahma-vihara-arama-bu…