We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T Plugs, anyone????

chester
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
T Plugs, anyone????

Hi

This should be my last question before i depart.

However i'm staying at Villa De Daun and asked what type of plug they use, so i could get the relevant adaptor etc.

I was advised a t plug!!!! Does anyone have a clue what type of adaptor or whatever i would need for this.

T plug means nothing to me.

Many thanks for anyone who might know

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: T Plugs, anyone????

From memory we went to a bag shop and they have a stand with adaptors and on the back of the packet they have which contries they are applicable for.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T Plugs, anyone????

Most hotels will provide you with an electrical adapters.

It is also easy to buy them cheaply in Bali.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,703 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T Plugs, anyone????

Checked the price of these when I was passing through our airport yesterday - they cost $11.95AUD and I think that would be around 4 or 5 pounds, but your hotel should have them and if not you can buy them in Bali as others have said.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T Plugs, anyone????

Hi,

Never heard of a T plug, but in Bali you'll need an adapter for plugs like the ones in France.

I believe it is type C or E.

http://www.50hz.com/plugs.html

http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm

Never seen the UK type plug in Bali.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,703 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: T Plugs, anyone????

I don't know them by that name (T plugs) either, but it must have to do with the profile, ie they sort of look like a T if you squint a bit.....anyway, we just call them adaptors.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: T Plugs, anyone????

You can buy an adapter once you are here. Numerous places have them. They cost about 12,000 rupiah.

The reason a lot of hotels do not have them is simply because tourists pack their gear up when leaving and take the plugs with them.

7. Re: T Plugs, anyone????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2010, 07:19