We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Items

Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Baby Items

We are an going to Bali for a week with extended family including 2 baby boys that will be 4 and 6 months of age at the time. We will be staying in private accommodation-a 2 storey house to accommodate us all near Sanur which has maids,a driver and car and a pool to keep us cool. Could anyone let me know the latest suggestions for baby items needed to take with us and what we can purchase over there. I think both bubs will still be breastfeeding at that time.

Any travel tips will be great as well!!

Thanks

Sunny

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Items

If you can scroll back a few days, there a couple of posts on a similar theme. Basically the response has been to take whatever baby food you can (if needed). Anyway have a check of the previous responses, though I'm sure others will also repond to this post.

Best wishes.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Items

take some milton tablets to steralise dummies and baby utensils. don't let them get bath water in their mouth and keep their hands clean as most germs will transfer this way. you can buy disposables some are good quality others not so good. baby talc, bath wash, lotions, wet ones and baby clothes, shoes and accessories are cheap. try places like ramayana in denpasar and matahari in kuta for clothing. the other items are readily available in the supermarkets. If the babies have started on cereal or canned / bottled baby food take it with you. what is in the shops is expensive because it is imported and has been on the shelves for a while. the footpaths are not real good for prams but sanur has a good paved path along the beach. a baby back pack or sling is handy. take a small sheet, bunny rug etc to keep the sun off and a couple of pegs to clip it to your stroller. a lightweight stroller is better than a big pram which is heavy and also won't fit in many shops. i used to take a cheap second hand one with me and it did not really matter if it got damaged during the trip. car seats are not common in bali. take your own baby sunscreen and keep the fluids up as it is hot and babies dehydrate quickly. the balinese love babies and they will be fussed over where ever you go.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Items

Thanks snooky...you know the what's what of travelling to Bali with babies.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Items

my 'baby' has just turned 5. she has had a lot of trips to bali as a baby and toddler. she can't wait to get on the plane on monday and get back there again. this time she is old enough to enjoy the shopping for her clothes. we have two trips to bali between now and the end of the year. can't wait.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,709 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby Items

Have a lovely time. x

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby Items

There is also a very good service provided by some Aussie expats called Bali Baby. Website www.balibaby.com from memory, and they list what they supply. Mainly known brands.

They will deliver to your villa.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby Items

epicureansydney and snooky - great tips and great website!

Before the format changed, we could "Save" a page into a folder. I can't seem to do that now. I want to save this page for our next trip to Bali, so I'm just "watching" this topic now, but can we still "save" the post/page - I forgot what it was called and am I missing something here? Has that button been removed or am I just blind!? ;-P

Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby Items

Thanks everybody for the great information. One more question- will it be better to take 2 lightweight umbrella type stroller with us (and maybe leave there if 2 much luggage coming home) or hire from the babyhire place. I can buy a layback umbrella type stroller weighting 4.5kg. The hire for 2 over a week will be $100 from balibabyhire??

Cheers

Sunny

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baby Items

Hi Sunny,

Footpaths in Bali are just not 'stroller friendly' for the most part, and perhaps a light weight stroller would less than ideal.

I would imagine that the hire ones are more heavy duty and for this reason more practical.

cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baby Items

Hi Jade,

Yes, it is amazing what obsure bits of information you pick up by being a regular traveler :-)

cheers