We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scales in Bali

Sydne, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Scales in Bali

Hi does anyone know if we can buy scales in Bali my hubby has renal failure and needs to weigh himself in between Dialysis treatment over there. He needs to no so he can measure if he can have another one of his beloved Bintang's or two, we could take our own but if they sell them there it would be better.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
546 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scales in Bali

Hi Leanne,

Im not sure if you can buy them but your hotel may have some that you can use. We asked our hotel for some to weigh our suitcases and they were very accomodating.

Tracy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scales in Bali

Hi leanne

You could try Ace Hardware Istana Kuta Galleria,Jl Imam Bonjol, Carrefour or Matahari's Kuta Square/Bali Galleria or Dept stores in Denpasar (look around the bath towel/bed linen area)

There are some electrical stores on Jl Raya Kuta????

can't say i noticed scales there.

As previously advised ask your hotel first.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,892 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scales in Bali

Hello leanne. Will the clinic hsve them and then you wouldn't have to worry about getting some yourself. Can you email and enquire?

Perth
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scales in Bali

I have always found the hotels have a set of scales as I always need to weigh my very overweight suit cases.

Sydne, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scales in Bali

Thanks for your advice will check with the hotel then, He can check every second day at the hospital but we thought in between he can keep an eye on it, at least he might be able to have a few extra bintangs that way. I know I must sound a bit of a worry wart but this is our first trip away since he went into renal failure, and of course our families are horrified that we wanted to go to Bali, but we love it so much so after 4 years of waiting and the transplant list are so long we thought what the hell.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,892 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scales in Bali

Exactly...go for it and make up for those years you weren't there.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Scales in Bali

Hi leanne

I attend a client who is on dialysis and a double amputee,so can appreciate what this holiday will mean to you both.

Have a wonderful time and do something 'extra' special that you will remember forever!

Cheers

Burns

Sydne, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scales in Bali

Thanks to (Soo-Darwin) and (burns39) we will have a great time as this will be our honeymoon as well so we will plan a special dinner somewhere romantic, any suggestions ? BTW we are in our late 40's so a quiet place would be nice, oh no that sounded like we think we are old people not yet anyway!!!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,892 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scales in Bali

There are so many wonderful places and others who are much more upto speed than I am will give you more ideas, but I still love LaLuciolla on the beach in Seminyak and The Living Room also in Seminyak.

You are but babies at your age - you ask travelkat and me, we do everything and go everywhere (well I think those two do and well we try and go everywhere that they will let us in) and we're at or near 60ish...woohoo, love those late night bars and I'm not talking about the chocolate ones....though!

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scales in Bali

Yes, in Carrefour and Matahari ( In Matahari Kuta Square scales are on the top floor).