We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair Braiding

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hair Braiding

I am thinking I may get my hair done this time it has been years since I have had it done anyone know what they are charging to do it these days my hair is just at my shoulders so not very long I usualy get it done on the beach

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair Braiding

My daughter had it done by a wonderful lady and her friend.

It Stayed in and was comfortable.

Her hair was just below shoulders and it took them only half an hour and was 100 000rp.

They came to our hotel.

Well we were happy to pay that for what we got.

I have her number if you want it.

She also paints lovely flowers and geckos on your nails and makes bookmarks or keyrings with your name woven.

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair Braiding

Thanks for that I just wanted to know what they where asking for doing it as I have not had it done for years

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair Braiding

We had our daughters done on Sanur beach. My eldest daughter had her hair totally plaited, my youngest had just some of hers done, we bought a hat, couple kids shirts and a pair of shorts. From memory I think we paid about 80-100k or so for the lot.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair Braiding

ok thanks for that good to have some idea before you go so that I am not paying too much

5. Re: Hair Braiding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2010, 11:05
mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair Braiding

you have two feet in your mouth

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair Braiding

I also wanted to say that my daughter has had them over the years and they have fallen out easily or quickly.

These ones didn't and looked good 2 weeks later.

So just be cautious when looking (look for someone who does it all the time maybe or who comes recommended) and paying...perhaps you get what you pay for with things like this too.

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hair Braiding

I have had them done two or three times and have had no problems with them falling out . I may not even get them done it is just a thought you know with the heat just thinking it will be a good way of keeping my hair off my face . Tell you what I will be doing and that is getting my eyebrowns waxed I did that for the first time the last time we where there and it was so worth it about 10.000 was all I payed down one of the side streets in poppies 2 hubby says he can't wait to get a massage something I have never dome

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
547 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hair Braiding

papdop,

I disagree with your 'mutton' comment. I am 31 years old and love getting my hair plaited in bali as it is so easy to manage when plaited. I am in and out of the pool many times a day and with plaited hair it does not get knotty and I dont have to worry about it for the week we are there.

After all, it is only plaited hair.....were not talking mini skirts and boob tubes! If you want to get it done mudwash then just do it, its so much easier and you can always take it out if you dont like it!

Have a great time

australia
Level Contributor
555 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hair Braiding

I agree entirely. I had my hair braided at 45 years and loved it. It didn't look like mutton and it saved having to wash it and dry it and worry about it for a week. Go for it!!