We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

My boyfriend and I are looking to take a two week holiday to Bali in April 2010.

Is Bali similar to Thailand and Goa? ie when you're out there it's fairly cheap to eat locally? Or is it quite expensive in which case it's probably better to go all inclusive?

If anybody could recommend a nice hotel that would be great as well. We're looking for a 4 or 5* resort with nice accomodation on a lovely beach. Ideally the hotel would be walking distance or a short taxi ride to a nearby town where there are restaurants, markets, things to do and see etc :0)

Any advice greatly received. thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,004 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

Hi,

You will be ok with just B&B, delicious food in Bali and very cheap.

An all-inclusive in Bali would make sense if you really are alergic to the local food, otherwise it just doesn't make much sense.

For a hotel recommendation, maybe you could give us a bit more info. What are you looking for.

Quiet area a bit on the side, next to clubs, shopping etc... a notion of budget would help greatly.

For starters I would recommend you research Sanur or Seminyak.

Also most large resort are located at Nusa Dua a purpose built gated enclave where many large resort hotels are located. A bit bland for some, heaven for others...

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

Thanks for your reply!

I think we'll go down the b&b route.

Budget wise we were thinking of £1500 per person max.

We want a hotel that has easy access to restaurants and bars but we're not looking for anywhere with lots of clubs, we like to have chilled out evenings.

Hotel has to be on a beach or a few mins walk from a beach. And minimum 4*

Hope I'm not asking for too much!!

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

I definately wouldn't go all inclusive to Bali, meals are very cheap compared to here in UK. Imported alchohol has risen in price so quite often the alcohol costs more than the food!

I'd maybe look at Seminyak/Legian area which has restaurants, shopping, markets & a surfing beach. Seminyak is more upmarket than Legian. Taxis are very cheap, Bluebird are best as they have meters.

Sanur has a nice beach, shops, restaurants & bars but it is quieter than Legian & Seminyak.

In the far south there is Nusa Dua & Jimbaran, nice white sand beaches, but these areas have been developed for tourism, good for chilling out & relaxing but don't have the same Balinese feel as you will find in other areas.

Are you looking for a large or small hotel? Balinese style or not?

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

Agree Sanur or Seminyak for the holiday you are looking for. Sanur has a lot of hotels right on the beach. Taxi or even car with driver are very cheap. For a whole day trip with car and driver you should be looking at about 400 000Rp about 25 pounds.

April is a good time as the wet season should have finished giving great fine and warm, well hot for tourists from the UK.

5. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 15:07
Victoria
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

Definatly the B & B track however many hotels do offer breakfast, which is really a must as they are amazing!

However you will want to experience the cheap and amazing food in the area instead of being stuck in the confides of your hotel!!- SO dont go all inclusive :-)

I can vouch for the Ramada Bintang after staying there in July, it was a fantastic hotel right on the beach and walking distance to many shops and restaurants.

Enjoy your visit!

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

Thanks for all your replies they are very helpful!

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

Thanks for your replies they are all very helpful! Will definitely go b&b now!

australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

Hi

I will be going to bali soon but as far as i have read, we have very similar ideas! Past hotels, europe/mauritius i have gone all inclusive all the way BUT for the first time next month i have gone with B&B. I have finally chosen Holiday Inn ,Tuban. Not in city but a 20min walk along the beach and you are there. I like nice room decor, clean mod bathroom, flat screen tv, nice pool, beach and close to activity....if you the same check this one out. Its not cheap but its not too pricey either!

I was originally going to stay at Sheraton Laguna, Nusa dua (you will love this one, 5* but it is a lil far out....it may suit you tho so have a look.)

Goodluck searching and have a great trip!

10. Re: All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 12:06