We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see and do? - with teenagers!!!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Must see and do? - with teenagers!!!

We will be in Bali in January with our family (me,hubby and 2 teenagers - 16yrs and 13yrs). My hubby and I have only been to Bali once and this is our first family trip.

Any suggestions of must do's would be appreciated. Already put Waterbom Park on the list and of course eating great food, swimming, relaxing etc are a given.

Cheers

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must see and do? - with teenagers!!!

if you look at the 'top questions on bali' at the right hand side of the bali forum home page there is a huge list of things to see and do in bali. see what interests you on the list and then you can find further information on the forums about each one or go to the web sites.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must see and do? - with teenagers!!!

bike tour, a great one for teenagers, and all ages.

-day out on the water, there is a fast boat to Lembongan

snorkelling at Amed

-white water rafting from Ubud

-quad bikes,

Cooking lessons AND EATING

-what about a surfing lesson with one of the surf schools on kuta/legian beach.

- paintball

Perth
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must see and do? - with teenagers!!!

I would definitley recommend the Bali Baik bike tour.

Just google the name - it is run by Wayan out of Ubud and is almost all downhill. You have a delicious lunch at the family compound at the end of the ride and you will experience a side of Bali, just flying donwhill through the countryside.

We did the trip in Sept and can't recommend it highly enough.

This was our 12th trip to Bali and our first bike ride and we will be doing it again - it was a great fun day out and we aren't overly fit, so I think would be a good experience for a family group. They pick you up from your hotel, we were in Seminyak and transfers are included in the price, which I think was about 400,000 Rp per person - worth every penny!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Must see and do? - with teenagers!!!

Hey everyone,

Thank for the info.

Linda52 - the surfing sounds great, the girls would probably think it's cool to come home saying they had surfed in Bali........

NewbiePerth - we actually did a bike ride with bintang bikes when we were there in March and we loved it too. Might be a good idea to try someone different so will google the company you went with.

Thanks for the help.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must see and do? - with teenagers!!!

Agree with the White-water trip out of Ubud. I did it in combo with the elephant park and it was great. Trip to Lembongan is great too, quant and good diving.

Surfing sucks if you're not at a more advanced level.

6. Re: Must see and do? - with teenagers!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 06:16