We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So much cheaper

Wodonga,
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
So much cheaper

Hi to all,

Thought a few people might find this useful whilst looking to plan a trip to Bali.

We recieved quotes from 4 different travel agents for flights ex Melbourne for 2 adults and all came back at $1800 plus dollars. We also recieved quotes off the same places for 14 nights in a deluxe chalet at the Padma in Legian and the cheapest came back at $2900 with the dearest $3700.

After a little bit of research we booked flights on the 'Jetstar bogan friday frenzy sale!' for $1200 return with extra leg room seats(i know its jetstar but its a hell of a lot of bintangs cheaper)! On the accom. side of things we got the deluxe chalet, transfers in the Padmas car, breakfast daily and a late checkout for $2400! And after a few emails they threw in meal and drink vouchers for the sunset bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all a saving of $1100 which will go along way to filling my belly with bintang and the wifes suitcase with clothes!

Thought a few people might find this helpfull......

Camo

Wodonga,
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So much cheaper

I suppose my thought are, do a little bit of research and you could save a fair bit instead of relying on travel agents!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,818 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So much cheaper

yes booking yourself is often much much cheaper. now the worst part is waiting! i am heading back to bali on the weekend and can't wait

3. Re: So much cheaper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 November 2009, 02:15
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So much cheaper

If you booked directly with Padma just confirm than price quoted also includes all government and service taxes (21%). Have read on forum last year where someone thought they had really good deal only to find out on settlement that these taxes had not been included with original quote. Also confirm if quote is in $US or $AUS.

Wodonga,
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So much cheaper

All taxes where included and price was in Aus dollars.

Cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So much cheaper

Camo, can you confirm this price as the best I could find for my friends at around the same time was $2600.00AUD for 14 nights.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So much cheaper

Camo that is a good post. I have been booking online myself rather than going to a travel agent and saving heaps too. There are a few little things to watch for but a travel agent doesn't always get things right either.

It is not only the saving that I love but also the wide range of options that I can choose from.

Wodonga,
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So much cheaper

Linda,

I got that price originally too then sent an email to reservations seeking a better price and after a few emails between us they came to $2400AUD which includes all taxes etc. Persist with them and they should come to the party.

Camo

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So much cheaper

Thanks camo.:) It's not often The Padma will offer a better deal than an agent , I'll get my friends to deal direct. :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So much cheaper

Thanks for the negotiating tip Camo29, I’ll try that technique myself next holiday. Have a good holiday.

Cheers