We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Honeymoon

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Where to Honeymoon

Hey guys,

My Fiance are in the early stages of deciding where we want to go for our honeymoon which is in 12 months, so plenty of time to make sure we choose the best place and best deal.

We have been tossing up between Bali, Thailand and Hawaii as all these offer what we are after. Which is sun, beaches, relaxing and some activities on the side.

Can anyone help us out? What part of Bali should be looking at if we choose this. Also as its our honeymoon we are looking for something a bit more romantic and not that worried about that costs at the moment, but we definetly dont have an unlimited budget.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Honeymoon

I think either a villa in Ubud or Seminyak or perhaps time in both.

Seminyak is a great area for fabulous boutique shopping, lovely restaurants, bars, music and a surf beach.

Ubud is in the mountains around an hour's drive from the more resort type areas. You can stay in beautiful hotels or villas with magical views across the valley to rice fields and/or rivers......and also enjoy great food, shoppinjg and Balinese culture.

I don't like your chances of being able to make a decision quickly when you have three great destinations as possible candidates.

Best wishes.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Honeymoon

I would definitely vote for Bali or Thailand. If it is in 12 months, i.e. Jan 2011, Thailand(west coast) might be a better bet because of the gorgeous weather there now.

I have not been to Hawaii, but since it is your honeymoon and you don't have an unlimited budget, like many of us, I'd vote for somewhere in Asia where things are cheaper and service is fantastic. Do you have to give tips in Hawaii? because giving tips all adds up to cost as well.

3. Re: Where to Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2010, 07:18