We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Bali

Tauranga
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Bali

We are shouting our three adult sons, in their early 20's, to Bali for Xmas 2010. We want to cater for everyones needs ie, diving,swimming,snorkeling,markets,restaurants and nightlife but also want to be on the beach in moderate priced accommodation. Any suggestions please? When travel books say Dec is the rainy season - what does that mean, rain all day, or afternoons of 1 hour downpours?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,003 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Bali

Hello. the rainy season means you may have rain for an hour or you could hae rain for most of the day, however, there's always loads oif things to do when it's raining, including swimming in it as it's warm and/or walking in it because it's fun.....anyway the rain won't dampen your holiday, tee hee.

What is your priority, if it's snorkelling and diving, then you would need to be on the north east coast (places like Amed) and/or Nusa Lembongan - a small island off the Bali - around an hour's boat ride away. Both these areas have great snorkelling.

If they are not priorities, I would look at Legian and perhaps stay at Kumala Pantai - a very popular hotel and with good prices to match. www.kumlapantai.com Book early if it inerests you, as it is popular and books out fast.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Bali

Hi,

I think that the south of Bali will suit their needs and they can head to Nusa Lembongan for snorkelling and diving.

If they have enough time, however, I would definitely head out of the south for snorkelling in Bali. Amed is OK, but the west coast, at Menjangan is the best place to snorkel and dive in Bali, in my opinion. I only snorkel and I don't dive though adn already snorkelling is v good in Menjangan, Menjangan is also a marine national park.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Bali

Hi Donanddale

I think staying in Tuban/Seminyak/Legian would be good for you. You can always arrange a tour or driver to take you on day trips for snorkelling, etc.

I have just returned and it barely rained at all; not that it would have stopped us doing anything; you really can't predict the rain unfortunately.

I have stayed at Santika in Tuban which was nice and quiet and very nice; in Legian, maybe the Mandira or Padma, or even Niksoma which is boutique style.

A villa in Seminyak may also be an option, and might even be cheaper as you are 5 adults. Don't know which to recommend as there are so many, and I am in the process of researching them also!

Best of luck

Edited: 29 January 2010, 01:51
4. Re: Where to stay in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 07:18