We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

Hi,

I am asking for recommendation on restaurants at Jimbaran for seafood. We love prawns, squids, crabs and would like to try lobster if it's not too expensive.

Can someone advise on the average price of lobster at the restaurant in Jimbaran? Does the restaurant normally serve buffet, a-la-carte or set menu?

Will be in Bali from 10 Feb to 15 Feb. Accommodation booked at Kayumanis Ubud. Anyone stayed there before?

australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

hi

jimbaran seafood restaurants all the same - they overcook the food BUT the location is sensational , head down at about 5pm or earlier. walk along the beach front and see what restaurant takes your fancy. not cheap, cost us about aud$100 for three. mixed seafood. just enjoy the sunset and dont forget to spray for mozzies!!!!!!!!

2. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 16:16
melbourne
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

hello? rats? this isn't that cartoon ratatoullie?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,019 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

Never seen rats, a few dogs only...

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

Just over ½ kg lobster @ Surya Cafe down Four Seasons Hotel end of Jimbaran 385000rp split flame grilled served with side dishes. It was a special occasion; anyway tried the lobster once, its nothing special. If you do decide to eat over Jimbaran, the prawns and other seafood are better value. Just remember the whole eating experience in Jimaran is more expensive than other areas but worth a visit once for the experience.

Edited: 07 February 2010, 22:39
Bali
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

For seafood restaurant in Jimbaran I would recommend Melasti rest or Ganesha rest,if you like to see the Balinese dance while having dinner Blue Marlyn is good place too,.

The price of lobster is roughly ID R 450000 or Sing$ 70 per KG.

They don't serve buffet but the they do a-la-carte and set menu.

I would recommend set menu.It costs you ID R 85000/person,

and you will get a snapper, some squid and some prawn.

Buona petit

melbourne
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

The advice from my Balinese foster daughter who is a tour guide, is to keep away from the ones near Four Seasons. Lead shot and dodgy scales.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

At Jimbaran there is also apparently two menu price lists, a walk in off the beach price and a driver recommended restaurant price (commission for Driver/Guide).

Edited: 08 February 2010, 02:08
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,019 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

I've seen the 2 menus side by side and I'd say there is roughly a 30% difference between them.

So always stroll down the beach and choose your restaurant from there...

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,500 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jimbaran Seafood Dinner

Hi Desperado1999

I have friends who had a seafood dinner at Jimbaran last week - lobster was 550,000 a kilo - they had 3 but he did have a shock when he got the bill - over 5 million rupiah for 4 of them. Large beers, 80,000 and small ones 40,000 - his most expensive meal in Bali and a long way from being the best meal he had in 2 weeks!

Cheers

Edited: 08 February 2010, 10:08