We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion needed

Singapore
Level Contributor
230 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
suggestion needed

Hi,

booked my short trip to Bali on the 2nd week of march. 2nd time to Bali (the 1st when i was a kid). this time, with my wfe! (her 1st time)

I need to check a few items with people out here. how long it takes to get a taxi from Legian to the airport on a sunday with a flight at 1pm? quite worried if there's a jam. and also, do i just flag it down on the road? the reliable one is blue bird taxi, am I right?

we have decide on a 5 nights trip (i know it is short), but hinder by work commitment. we intend to do a budget one ( i know bali price is reasonbly cheap), so that we can save it up of year end australia trip!! thinking of doing a bike tour in Kintamani and hire a driver the next day for tour on tanah lot, rice field. or can i just book a driver to do kintamani, rice field and tanah lot? any suggestion of good driver? we love photography...

thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion needed

You can ask your hotel to call you a cab. On a Sunday midday, there will be some traffic so I would give half an hour to get to airport from Legian.

When you do your bike ride, you will see lovely countryside so won't need to take a drive the next day. As you are on limited time, spend that day walking around your hotel area/beach and go to Tanah Lot for sunset/ dinner

A day trip to Jatiluwih and Bedugul for beauty and magnificent rice terraces.

Also a trip to Amed or Candi Dasa via Klung Kung is really worthwhile, or Padang Padang and the Bukit Peninsular .

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestion needed

Hi,

I don't know whether you already found your bike tour, but we loved our bike tour with Banyan Tree Bike Tours (you can reed a lot of positive reviews on Tripadvisor). It starts in Pacung and is going downwards to Ubud. Lovely staff, beautiful scenery. Not only biking, but stops now and then to see ricefields, Balinese village, and at the end a delicious lunch at the owners house.

Have a nice trip,

kind regards,

Sylvia

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
372 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestion needed

Hi DesmondTan,

The day you want to hire a driver will be a long one but it is possible. I can recommend Putu Arnawa for he is a photographer as well. You can find him on the right site at TA Members Drivers List.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay!

Karen

4. Re: suggestion needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 06:19