We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Group Diving/Sightseeing Excursion - Need Advice!

New York, New York
Level Contributor
196 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Planning Group Diving/Sightseeing Excursion - Need Advice!

Hi:

I am looking to organize a group dive/sightseeing tour in early June. Ideally, we'd like the following:

- a roundtrip transfer from our hotel in Seminyak to a dive site in East Bali (Candidasa? Blue Lagoon)

- a boat that will take us out. Some people will dive, others will snorkel. if this is not possible, the snorkelers can stay on the beach for walk-in snorkeling

- drive to Tirta Gangga Water Palace, see some rice paddies

- drive back -- drop off in Ubud and at hotel in Seminyak.

Do you know of any company that can arrange this for us? There will be around 15 people. Or, do I need to book separately with a private car and a dive company?

Thanks!

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Group Diving/Sightseeing Excursion - Need Advice!

Sorry I don't know a company but there probably are some. Alternatively you could book a driver to take you diving/snorkling & then visit Tirtagangga & the rice terraces nearby on your return. Maybe consider Amed as the diving & snorkling is very good around there & email diveshops & ask whether they can also accomodate snorklers. Amed to Tirtagangga is approx 20mins drive. You could also dive/snorkle the Liberty shipwreck just off the beach at Tulamben, 20-30mins drive from Amed. It's also one of the dive sites that diveshops visit.

A couple you could try in Amed are:

www.adventurediversbali.com

www.jukungdivebali.com

There are also several good spots for snorkling directly from the beach. I know that Adventure Divers offer a snorkling certificate so they may take you as a group.

Edited: 10 March 2010, 23:43
2. Re: Planning Group Diving/Sightseeing Excursion - Need Advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 07:16